Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive seen several of people on here ask this question but no one seems to give the answer im looking for.....

im wanting to install new hid lights on my 2001 Deville....

problem is i see you have to install it to your battery....

This modles battery is located in the back seat...

so my QUESTION is....

where do i put the red and black (positive and negative) for the ballast???

and if you could include the answer and possibly a picture for REFERNCE that would be awesome.....

thank anyone for the help and have a BLESSED DAY

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
I was going to put HID's in my 00 DTS as well but didn't yet get the chance too. You could run some 10 gauge wire from the battery to the front for the (+) terminal and just ground the negative.

·
Registered
2001 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well in the engine bay there is a place for the (+) on a fuse box... its got a cap and everything but i just couldnt ever find the (-) and wasnt sure if i needed it actually plugged up to the (-) on the batt or if i could just ground it... HOPEFULLY it will work and i dont mess something up

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
ok well in the engine bay there is a place for the (+) on a fuse box... its got a cap and everything but i just couldnt ever find the (-) and wasnt sure if i needed it actually plugged up to the (-) on the batt or if i could just ground it... HOPEFULLY it will work and i dont mess something up
Ohh that's right I forgot about the (+) terminal near the fuse box! And you should be fine grounding it to the chassis, just make sure you sand the area where you will be grounding the connection well.

·
Registered
01 Deville Pearl White
74 Posts
hid's with ballast should be plug n play.. you take your existing bulb power wires and plug it into the hid kit. no running wires needed

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
i just took out the hid lights in my sons truck. had them for a few months. real easy plug and play. we put a sub in my kids grand prix. ran power line to trunk amp by using the + tap near the shock tower. wish there was a power tap in trunk but not many manufacturers do that. don't think the deville has the same headlight bulbs as the seville. so HID is not legal with stock reflectors but thats your call.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV
189 Posts
plug & play, no running wires to a fuse box or battery

i have a 2002 deville and did it myself.

dont make things complicated.....its plug & play

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
16 Posts
Legality is one thing, BLINDING other drivers is another. Do you want to be THAT guy? HID bulbs are longer than regular halogen bulbs, so the positioning will be off when they are installed in most halogen reflector housings. So not only will the light angle be off, you will also get less and lower quality light. They will probably be weaker, poorly angled, and blinding. Plus, aftermarket HID kits are generally very weak and unreliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts