Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to install my head unit into my 96 deville, how the hell is it done, i wired it all up nice and neat try to turn on the power...nothin, really pissed me off, somebody was telling me about runnin wires to the trunk to a factory amp or somethin like that...i need some pointers, any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
bluelac96 said:
im trying to install my head unit into my 96 deville, how the hell is it done, i wired it all up nice and neat try to turn on the power...nothin, really pissed me off, somebody was telling me about runnin wires to the trunk to a factory amp or somethin like that...i need some pointers, any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated...thanks

WELCOME your in the right place

Ok here come the questions.

What stereo was in the car prior to installing your headunit.
Is it the bose? Post a pic if you can

What headunit are you putting in?

Did you get the wire adaptor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it is not the bose system. i am installing a pioneer head unit that i paid good money for and i want to use. i got the wire adapter that goes behind the dash, i just spent like and hour and a half tearing apart behind the rear seat to fuind a jumble of mad wires i almost lost control and started to break stuff. i want to listen to cds badly, i need help :mad:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Re: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bluelac96 said:
it is not the bose system. i am installing a pioneer head unit that i paid good money for and i want to use. i got the wire adapter that goes behind the dash, i just spent like and hour and a half tearing apart behind the rear seat to fuind a jumble of mad wires i almost lost control and started to break stuff. i want to listen to cds badly, i need help :mad:
in the back of the head unit on the wiring adaptor do you have the power wire connected. is it grounded. How do you have the remote wire hooked up. Is it when you have the acc. on or the car started?

what model pioneer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evrything is hooked up right on the adapter...it doesnt get power or anything, thanks for the input though im not really sure what modle pioneer

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
yup,
just wiring to the adapter harness doesn;t work.
You have to reroute the power somewhere else....no need to go rippin the trunk

I ffel your frustration, just come back to it in a day or two, its an easy fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts