Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an Eibach pro kit and it came with 2 wierd looking bump stops. I looked around under the rear end and could not find the factory bump stops. Soooo, my question is could someone direct me towards this darn thing?

I was using the GC install write-up on the FAQ as a guide and it never mentioned installing a new stop. Anyone know why? Every car I've installed springs on required changing the height of the bump stop.
Thanks! :bouncy:

T

·
0 Posts
You going to lower it with the 20's? I guess mine was lowered so it will fit but it will be tight.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I'm installing an Eibach pro kit and it came with 2 wierd looking bump stops. I looked around under the rear end and could not find the factory bump stops. Soooo, my question is could someone direct me towards this darn thing?

I was using the GC install write-up on the FAQ as a guide and it never mentioned installing a new stop. Anyone know why? Every car I've installed springs on required changing the height of the bump stop.
Thanks! :bouncy:
Hey Bro,

Let me know once you have them installed. I'd like to drive up and check them out. I'm about to get eibach too...i really want to see how low the front is and how the ride changes. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,709 Posts
The bump stop is at the top of the shock under the splash shield/cap. When you pull the assembly off you'll see it. Never changed mine. Make sure you get alignment afterwards. I drove mine for 1500 miles to let them settle in. Couple hundred should be enough.

Norm

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bump stop is at the top of the shock under the splash shield/cap. When you pull the assembly off you'll see it. Never changed mine. Make sure you get alignment afterwards. I drove mine for 1500 miles to let them settle in. Couple hundred should be enough.

Norm
Well that makes sense as to why I couldn't find it on the rear end. Looks like I'll be tossing the ones Eibach provided. :)

·
Registered
SRX, CTS-V
155 Posts
Well that makes sense as to why I couldn't find it on the rear end. Looks like I'll be tossing the ones Eibach provided. :)
You lost me...why not put the Eibach ones on?

If I recall correctly, the Eibach versions are actually larger in size than the stock to supplement the lowered spring.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
87 Posts
Got Eibachs I'm not using - anyone want to buy? Had about 4-500 miles on 'em and got GC from someone that was selling their car.....PM me if you want 'em best offer takes.

BD

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Got Eibachs I'm not using - anyone want to buy? Had about 4-500 miles on 'em and got GC from someone that was selling their car.....PM me if you want 'em best offer takes.

BD
PM sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts