Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever install an amp in their cadillac? I am trying to figure out where and how to get the power cord from the engine compartment to the back of the trunk? I guess the main thing is how to get from the battery through the back of the engine compartment without messing up any of the exisying wire bundles.What a mess in there.

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
On the drivers side floorboard by the pedals on the firewall/bulkhead there should be a rubber boot with wires already coming thru, just route your powerwire from inside out and you should be able to see it sticking out of the firewall, just pull her thru zip tie her down, pump her with juice....nevermind thats just getting too dirty minded :)

Well you get the point, Shouldnt be too difficult. Just keep in mind that you should also upgrade the big 3(search tech tips). The factory cables are pretty pathetic as far as running alot of power thru. Otherwise look at purchasing a new alt. in the future.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did purchase a new alternator 6 months ago, I wonder if they replaced these big 3 that you speak of? Is that normal for a mechanic to do when replacing the alternator?

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
I did purchase a new alternator 6 months ago, I wonder if they replaced these big 3 that you speak of? Is that normal for a mechanic to do when replacing the alternator?
No. The "big 3" im refering to is the three wire connecting to the battery.
I just replaced 2 but all three is probably best. There is a thread on here on here of replacing them. I replace my ground and the wire going to alt with 4 gauge wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts