Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but haven't found answers to a few questions I have.

1. Hoping someone can give me a rundown of how steering wheel controls would function if I were to try to connect them with the appropriate harness. I have the 4 numbered buttons on the left and wheel and talk button on the right. Trying to decide if it's worth the effort to keep them.

2. My CTS does not have Bose. How do I wire in the stock subwoofer? Is there a stock amp I need to interface with or do I need to run a new amp to the existing speaker or should I replace the existing speaker with aftermarket components? I hope to replace it eventually, but I'm kinda hoping I can run the stock speaker for a while.

3. Will I miss any important messages from the DIC if I get rid of it? I would hate to miss a "Low Oil" message or something similar.

4. Any suggestions for a backup camera? I would prefer to NOT have one of the license plate mounted designs.

I appreciate any other tips about replacing the stock stereo.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
289 Posts
This would handle your other issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the steering wheel controls what I'm wondering is about their functionality. As it is I can use the stock stereo to program the functionality of the 1-4 buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. Would those still be programmable if I remove the stock stereo? Or is the functionality of those buttons programmed during install?

Also the talk button on the right currently connects to OnStar. I would love to program it to launch the Google assistant (I'm hoping to install an Adroid Auto head unit).

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
289 Posts
You can program the buttons 2 different ways with that adapter. Small switches on the side (I think there on the side on that one but could be different location) or plugging into a PC before install.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the context. Do you think I'll be able to override that talk button from launching OnStar?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
289 Posts
I'm not sure but the odds are decent. Go to the website and pull a PDF of the user manual before you purchase.

If it doesn't work for your application there should be 1 or 2 other companies that have a similar adapter.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville
365 Posts
Call Crutchfields and ask your questions of them, their techs do this stuff for a living and they are very helpful. They can set you up with everything you need to accomplish your goals.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
289 Posts
Call Crutchfields and ask your questions of them, their techs do this stuff for a living and they are very helpful. They can set you up with everything you need to accomplish your goals.
Good call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts