Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Escalade WITH the Bose system. I got a new head unit (Dual XVM296BT) and got the Metra GM11 wiring harness so I could use SWC. Can someone tell me which wires are KEY 1 and KEY 2? Although I couldn't locate the wires, I still wanted to make sure the radio worked. But when I plugged it up, the radio came on and the speakers did not. I read somewhere that I may have blew the old amp, but I plugged in the old head unit, the speakers worked just fine. Could someone lead me down a good path to start troubleshooting? I have been Googling all day and can't come up with anything. ANY help is greatly appreciated...

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,967 Posts
Welcome to CF !!

The original head unit is part of the car's serial data bus, content theft, TheftLock, and security systems. Maybe there are other special jumpers and connectors required to keep the rest of the sound system and many other features operational.

Talk to the guys at Crutchfield in Blacksburg, VA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.