Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V Crystal White, CF,AM Wheels
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of installing W4Me lower 9.5 pulley and heat exchanger.

I am at the point of removing the stock Balancer/pulley. Its seems the old style typical chevy puller will not work with this style pulley.
What is everyone else using to remove the focatory balancer? Any tips or tricks also?

Also going to install is heat exchanger. I assume the factory is the little black one at the foremost front of the car. The W4ME version takes its place or somehow in series? I did not investigate this too deep just yet.

On a positve note. I was able to remove the AC belt without cutting it. I used my half inch torque wrench with hte harmonic socket in place and spun the motor by hand while slipping off the belt. I hope I can get it on just as easy:suspense:

Thanks for any help.
Dennis

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fans are pulled. Balancer ready for removal. Just need a modern puller. I have the old style for typical chevy old school. I have used it to remove a few steering wheels also.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
In the process of installing W4Me lower 9.5 pulley and heat exchanger.

The W4ME version takes its place or somehow in series? I did not investigate this too deep just yet.

Dennis
If memory serves, I believe W4M once said that his heat exchanger could, and should, be installed in series for max effectiveness. I've heard that it's a real tight fit, but can be done.

Rob

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
There was another thread like this also, that had more tips. I thought that he had said get the "short" snap on one from Autozone. I'm doing mine next month hopefully.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan
143 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would think the upper may be easier. If you could have a spare snout with your stock pulley still intact. Just thinking outloud :)

·
Banned
09' CTS-V
1,023 Posts
Autozone rental, brand "OEM" chrysler small 3 jaw. works like butter. Yes also run Jesse's HX in series.

get ready for some fun. Great first mod

·
Banned
09' CTS-V
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already have the handheld with Jesse's Tunes. Loaded in his max tune. Will data log with HP tuners when I get back on the road.
Just rented the balancer remover from Autozone. I gave the counter guy the caddy info and the Chrysler puller popped right up on the screen.

I have a balancer installer. Have not tried to see if it will work with this setup.
I am snapping a few pics along the way.

·
Registered
CTS-V coupe. ATS-V sedan
102 Posts
snap on makes a great crank pulley installer like $80. you might want to borrow one if this is a one time thing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I read a few places to use blue lock-tite. I have a few tubes of red. Will that be ok? I know it may be harder to remove.
Trying to reassemble.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts