Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ESV
3 Posts
Quick update guys and gals! I got it working! It is actually plug and play with the existing harness. You just need to run a cable from the mirror to the camera.

Parts needed for the conversion:

-Rearview mirror I found mine on eBay from this seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-CHEVY-BOLT-OEM-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-LCD-CAMERA/323377588736?epid=2293096480&hash=item4b4ace6a00:g:9F4AAOSwfztbYknd:rk:2[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]f:0
-Cable to run from mirror to camera (PM me for info on the cable)
-Dual cameras (OEM)

You will need to cut out the hole above the license plate for the dual camera to fit in (It is about 1.5" wider) Easy to do with a dremel.

The new (dual cam) back up camera from the 17-19' is plug and play but it is angled differently from the 15-16' single camera. I will be working to adjust this or use my old camera in the new housing.

Overall it was pretty easy to do and cost me under $500. I am very happy with the results and happy I am now able to see behind me with the monitor screens dropped down!

I would like to figure out a way to hook up the video feed from the camera to my dash cam so I can record both front and back.

This awesome! I want to do this! Any more photos or video you can post on process?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My email is my username at yahoo.com. I have a few mirrors and cables available if you guys need them.

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
Bump for dual camera module assembly part # Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be 84149637 Camera Asm-Rear View Driver Information

Fitting Vehicle Options: CK1(06)(UVH)(EXC DRZ)

#10 Call dealer to verify

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quick update guys and gals! I got it working! It is actually plug and play with the existing harness. You just need to run a cable from the mirror to the camera.

Parts needed for the conversion:

-Rearview mirror I found mine on eBay from this seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-CHEVY-BOLT-OEM-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-LCD-CAMERA/323377588736?epid=2293096480&hash=item4b4ace6a00:g:9F4AAOSwfztbYknd:rk:2:pf:0
-Cable to run from mirror to camera (PM me for info on the cable)
-Dual cameras (OEM)

You will need to cut out the hole above the license plate for the dual camera to fit in (It is about 1.5" wider) Easy to do with a dremel.

The new (dual cam) back up camera from the 17-19' is plug and play but it is angled differently from the 15-16' single camera. I will be working to adjust this or use my old camera in the new housing.

Overall it was pretty easy to do and cost me under $500. I am very happy with the results and happy I am now able to see behind me with the monitor screens dropped down!

I would like to figure out a way to hook up the video feed from the camera to my dash cam so I can record both front and back.
Do you have a close up pic of the camera and how it’s mounted? I’m trying to see if I can Retrofit this to the truck platform. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
620 Posts
Best way to find part numbers- go on ebay and find a vehicle that has the part you want that's for sale. Ebay lists the VINs of those vehicles. Call your dealer, give them that VIN and what you're looking for and they'll give you a price and part number (usually). If you feel awkward about this, just tell them you're not sure if you need it yet, and if you could please have the part number for reference later. So if you call and ask for the rear camera assembly for a 2019 escalade with VIN-X you'll get what you need.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
419 Posts
Wow. I am amazed to see the interest in the movie mirror. I guess I am older and need readers, so I can’t see the view. The readers help when looking low, but can’t help see the view on the high screen. Even if I didn‘t need readers, it requires your eyes to readjust from distance vision looking forward to near vision looking aft. We have a 2015, and went to look at new Escalades last year. The only real difference were the location of the seat memory switches and that movie mirror. We decided we like our 2015 better...mainly because of the mirror. I guess we are in the minority!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow. I am amazed to see the interest in the movie mirror. I guess I am older and need readers, so I can’t see the view. The readers help when looking low, but can’t help see the view on the high screen. Even if I didn‘t need readers, it requires your eyes to readjust from distance vision looking forward to near vision looking aft. We have a 2015, and went to look at new Escalades last year. The only real difference were the location of the seat memory switches and that movie mirror. We decided we like our 2015 better...mainly because of the mirror. I guess we are in the minority!
Yep, it did take some getting used to but my new GMC truck has it and we have grown to love it so now the wife wants it for hers. It’s really nice in low light because you can still see. Also nice when something is blocking your view like a head or the rear screen being flipped down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rear camera is the same size. 17+ just adds one camera for the rear view mirror. Same plug.

Washer jet does not have to be hooked up. If you wanted to Im sure it would be easy to tap into the rear wiper washer line with a T.

Pics of 15-16 rear camera and the dual cam 17+:

View attachment 535620

View attachment 535622
Cool! What’s the washer jet for? I don’t get it? To clean the camera? I highly doubt without something to wipe it off that it would work very well. If anything it would leave moisture in the lens obscuring the view like what happens when it rains.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, new guy here, stumbled on this thread, picking up my 2016 ESV tomorrow. i found this on ebay, not endorsing at all, but looks like they have all the components in a bundle

·
Registered
15 Escalade Premium
4 Posts
I got the camera and mirror installed and working as well with one exception...
the factory reverse camera view (on the CUE screen) is now flipped Left and Right

I assume this is due to the fact that the 2017 and newer had the surround vision option that needed to be able to show either flipped or standard depending on which camera view is selected on the CUE setup, but I need to know how to overcome this. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the camera and mirror installed and working as well with one exception...
the factory reverse camera view (on the CUE screen) is now flipped Left and Right

I assume this is due to the fact that the 2017 and newer had the surround vision option that needed to be able to show either flipped or standard depending on which camera view is selected on the CUE setup, but I need to know how to overcome this. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?
Mine was not flipped but my reverse lines are not aligned properly. They go off into the sky instead of staying on the ground. Did you buy the new 84149636 reverse camera or find a way to make the old one work in the new plastic housing? Did you have to cut sheet metal to install? I did! Wasn’t expecting that but it came out clean.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts