Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed the neucelus Ipod adapter to the standard radio today. Should have done it right away. It works with the steering wheel buttons and even display the song and playlist in the small display.

Attachments

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct! I Just had a issue with the wrong harness, but the install was like 5 min. and it is the best ipod adapter I have found.

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It comes with a really long cable, so you can place it anywhere you like. I just put it in the glovebox. No need to see it when I have access to the playlist and control it with the steering wheels button.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
159 Posts
No need to get offensive.

You can find a lot of information at this site:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2i.html

They may not have the best price, but they do have a lot of info and a forum that people ask questions and interact. It appears that different year radios, with and w/o XM, affects both the installation and what you may be able to do or not do with the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
159 Posts
I haven't installed one, I've just read some of the comments on the forum at the site referenced above. Installation depends on if you have XM. If you don't, you have to take the radio out (which isn't easy if you don't know what you're doing) and plug a cable into the back of the radio. If you have XM (factory), the installation is behind the glove box. The glove box can be opened to expose the XM receiver. You unplug the XM lead to the radio and insert a cable between the reciever and the XM lead. There are some settings that have to be made on the neucleus unit which determine how it interacts with the radio contorls. The good thing about the site listed above is that they appear to want to help solve any problems that you have with the unit or the installation. They may not be the cheapest, but being able to talk to a live person in today's web based marketing is a real plus IMO.

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought my from ebay. Just check if you have XM or not. Realy easy to install, just plug in some harness. no need for tool to remove the dash or glovebox. just some screws if you need to plug it in the radio.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn you cant use this thing with an 02... man o man... it gets harder and harder to justify keeping this 02 with each passing day...

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe you can get an 03 factory radio for cheap and replace it. but then again I don't know if if will fit. the 02 look very different inside!?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade Platinum
48 Posts
I just installed mine. Ridiculously simple procedure. The nav screen interface is a bit confusing, but i am making my about it.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade Platinum
48 Posts
The CD player is now very noisy and muffled. A few other display anomalies, like gas gauge dropping to zero then bouncing back up.

Hrmmmm..

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
159 Posts
I just received a NC-X2i. I haven't installed yet. I must say that the documents supplied leave a lot to be desired. If it wasn't for this site and for the Logjam site, I would have been at a loss on how to begin. There were no instructions about how to access the XM radio. The Logjam site does a great service supplying pictures and instructions. I would have bought my unit from them, but they were out of stock. I'll respond in a week about how the install went.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
159 Posts
The install was very simple. I pulled the radio fuse from the fuse box under the hood rather than disconnect the battery. It took a minute to figure out to carefully bend the part of the glove box that has the bumper to allow to box to swing down. I had a little trouble getting the factory plug out of the XM radio. I had to use a small screwdriver to help pry it loose. I used wire ties to strap the unit to a brace on the left side of the cavity behind the glove box. I also wrapped the spare power leads with electrical tape to make sure that they didn't accidently touch something. Every thing powered up as it was supposed to. I had to reset the clocks on the radio & the console.

It took longer to figure out how to control the unit from the radio controls than it did to install the unit. The instructions are extremely vague. You have to give the Ipod some time to search and you have to learn whitch buttons to hold until there is a beep before you let up. Setting up playlists on the Ipod would help search for songs. It takes a while to figure out the best way to find things and make sure that it actually selects the song. The unit worked as described with good sound quality. There was a song or two that I thought that there was some minor clicking coming from the speakers, but I'm not sure if that was the radio, the unit, or the Ipod. It it didn't happen all the time. May have been something else.

So far I'm satisfied. It's a great way to add a significant number of songs to play.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)
260 Posts
I have the neucleus in my 2004 escalade with nav. It works pretty well. The CD changer sound quality is very bad when the neucleus is hooked up. Luckily I have no need for the CD changer since I use my iPod. The interface is pretty easy to use, the text sometimes gets garbled on screen (will show the previous song's artist sometimes). The worst part is the neucleus causes the computer to throw random error codes to the computer related to the stability system. Sometimes you get a brief "service stability" error message and sometimes the stability system shows as disabled until you turn the car off (not sure if it is actually disabled or the computer only thinks it is).

The installation is amazingly simple, basically all you do is pull down the glove box and hook it into the XM received. You can stash the unit behind your glove box and have the iPod wire go into your glove box. No tools needed to get the job done, except maybe a flathead screwdriver if the clip on the wire you need to disconnect to plug in the adapter is a bit stubborn.

Keep in mind the controls may be a bit confusing at first but the instructions explain it pretty well. The only annoying thing is having to push forward or backward twice on the wheel to skip songs (pushing once will fast-forward/rewind).

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Did have the system warning/gauge problem with the neucelus coming on and off. mailed American International and got this reply:

it is not old software causing errors it is due to data loss in the vehicle. we are working the issue 100%. I will add you to my e-mail file so when a new version comes out we can send the company you bought from a new one.

but I bought mine from ebay, so I guess have to trash my neucelus and buy a new one or have any of you just bought one without problems?!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts