Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like my old alpine iva-d300 was louder.
i am running it on the stock bose speakers in my 02 escalade ext.

do i need an amp? i crank it up to the max volume 35 and it doesnt seem that loud.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
I am saving up for that head unit right now. I bought the kenwood four channel 1000 watt amp. As well as a 2 channel 1000 watt for the rear subs. Infinity kappas all of the way around. So Yes i would look into an amp for the speakers.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
oh i just noticed that you dont have an amp......

I would get one

Your alpine gives out a different signal than your kenwood....so you need an amplifier to even it out

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you. another question. i cant seem to click on the equalizer any more. last week i could. now when i touch it, nothing happens. and it looks greyed out. how do i get into the equalizer, and why does the audio control option have a little lock symbol next to it???

any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on people help. i bought a music video dvd. it has 60 songs on it.
i cant fast forward from one song to the next without scanning through it.
i can type in the number of the track and go to it that way. i think it is because it is all one chapter.

i need it louder!!

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
Oh yea as far as the functions go with your radio, use the manual. I doubt anyone knows your radio here better than you. If you want to sell it because you can't figure it out get back to me..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took it back to the guy who installed it. he adjusted the factory amp settings. its much better now.
he told me for $850 he could get me a 4 channel amp, a 10" sub with custom box and a sub amp installed.
he said it would be twice as loud. thinking of doing this. should i?

·
Registered
99 Cadillac Seville SLS
64 Posts
$850 lot of money unless it is a real custom made box to fit the truck, otherwise you can do it for like $600 thats with $100 box, $200 amp $300 sub

·
Registered
223 Posts
another question where did you get the Kenwood from for so cheap? and also what else did you need to install the Kenwood, like the PAC audio thing and such??

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
another question where did you get the Kenwood from for so cheap? and also what else did you need to install the Kenwood, like the PAC audio thing and such??
bought it from a chick on craigslist for $425. she was asking $650. I low balled her and negotatied for 2 weeks before she caved.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts