Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a lot of PMs about the install of the fuel rail covers. I thought I would got ahead and make an official thread for the install. I do not have official directions or pictures of the cuts but the below information can be a bit helpful. I have mentioned in the pictures thread several times about how hard this install was and I'll say it one more time; this install was a complete PIA and took greater than 4.5 hours. I did have a dremel tool, heavy duty scissors, and a hell of a lot of patients. Other forum members mainly ask about the amount of cutting and what are the hard parts about the install. I pulled the below information from the picture thread and some of you already have seen this. I hope this help some of you.

All-in-all I was glad I did it.

The hard part was figuring out where to cut then how to cut it then installing it around all the clutter, so I guess that means just about everything was hard. If I lined it up from hardest to easiest it would look like this:

1. figuring out where to cut and not screwing it up (and I did)

2. placing them in place around everything, then finding what else needs to be cut (like 10 times)

3. the actual cutting itself (trying to make it look decent and straight)

4. taking pictures for you guys and uploading!!

Passenger Side:
I did have to remove the "rap around" maggie fuel line that is over the top along with all of the easy to remove hoses connecting to the TB and also the inner cooler hose on the passenger side of maggie. There is leakage at both fuel rail and inner cooler hoses.

As for the amount of cutting don't be fooled, there was a lot. On the passenger side if you look hard I removed almost the whole "maggie fuel rail only" cover.. in other words, the lip that wraps around the maggie fuel rail is basically cut off except for a tiny bit(had problems with rubbing the CFiber pulley shaft). Cut around the rap around maggie fuel line. Cut around the whole fuel system coming from the fuel pump. Cut around the oil dip stick. Cut around some wiring harness running along the finder well in the engine bay, and cut around two other lines running over the top of maggie.

Driver Side:
As for the drive side cutting. it wasn’t as bad but bad enough to not want to ever do it again!! but.. Cut around the fuel line and cut back the lip that covers the fuel rail system as I did on the passenger side.. I had to re route a couple of hoses on that side, after I unplugged all of them. I did not remove the "over the top" fuel line on this side. If you look hard enough you can see that the driver side does not come as forward(meaning towards the front bumper) as the passenger side.. (one of my more screwed up mistakes )

I hope this make since.. It's very hard to explain.

Cowan

One more thing: If my pictures do not work than you can refer to the following thread for larger pictures.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/82155-unofficial-cts-v-picture-thread-35.html

Attachments

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
:werd:

Nice work.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats weird?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
I'd come to knoxville if I could sketch your template on mine (for maggie install).

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd come to knoxville if I could sketch your template on mine (for maggie install).
I'd be more than happy to help you sketch it out, but Im sure Randy will come in soon enough and agree that not everyone's sketch will be the same.

If I can help let me know.

Cowan

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
Sweet. Thanks.

O yeah, burnout vid was BADA$$.

·
Registered
05 Eforce LS3 V
802 Posts
tnks

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Im still trying to muster up the patience to tackle this.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Looks real nice. You should submit it with pictures to the faq.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
Ok, just to play devil's advocate..... Considering the heatsoak issues that all maggies run into, doesn't running FRC's just exascerpate the problem by holding heat in?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, just to play devil's advocate..... Considering the heatsoak issues that all maggies run into, doesn't running FRC's just exascerpate the problem by holding heat in?
Ron at Vengeance said it would but I say F it cause it looks a lot batter.. As long as I can keep her under 230 degrees than Im good.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
LOL, I STILL have not got to this or my GM Solutions fogs install.

I would come to Knoxville to pay you to do it but I may get shot by the basketball team or Kiffin may steal my stuff.

C-A-T-S Cats, Cats, Cats!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts