Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the firmware to fix my clock in my 2006 STS. I got the clock working but my voice command button does not work now!! Now I need a fix for that!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the firmware to fix my clock in my 2006 STS. I got the clock working but my voice command button does not work now!! Now I need a fix for that!!
Where did you get the firmware and will it work for 2007

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,062 Posts
You used the fix for 2008 and on. There is no fix for 2006 and prior because the source code is different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You used the fix for 2008 and on. There is no fix for 2006 and prior because the source code is different.
Thanks. Yes, I knew that when I did it. I was trying to find out if anyone had a fix for the voice command button yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you get the firmware and will it work for 2007
I got it from somewhere in this forum. The file is called "Loading.kwi". As I mentioned though, I got my clock back but now the steering wheel voice command button does not work. This file is for 2008 and after. I have a 2006. So my guess is that you would have the same issue with 2007. Maybe at some point an 11 year old hacker will come up with a fix. Ha!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,062 Posts
The only thing you can do is install the fix for getting the NAV to read the newer Nav discs. You'd be back to no clock set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha Ha! Probably keep the clock because the voice command sucks anyway. But I still believe there is an 11 year old hacker out there that could fix what the "expert brainiacs" at Cadillac can't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing you can do is install the fix for getting the NAV to read the newer Nav discs. You'd be back to no clock set.
Ha Ha! Probably keep the clock because the voice command sucks anyway. But I still believe there is an 11 year old hacker out there that could fix what the "expert brainiacs" at Cadillac can't.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
That is a known effect of using the 2008 firmware on the 2006...I was one of the first ones to try that in an attempt to fix my clock, adios VR button! The only way to fix it is to flash your 2006 with the firmware update intended to allow a 2006 to use the newer dual layer map discs. As you stated though, the VR blows and I'll trade my clock for it.

The clocks that aren't working now will self correct on Sunday, 8/16 without a firmware update, however the date will be wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is a known effect of using the 2008 firmware on the 2006...I was one of the first ones to try that in an attempt to fix my clock, adios VR button! The only way to fix it is to flash your 2006 with the firmware update intended to allow a 2006 to use the newer dual layer map discs. As you stated though, the VR blows and I'll trade my clock for it.

The clocks that aren't working now will self correct on Sunday, 8/16 without a firmware update, however the date will be wrong.
So my clock will work this Sunday?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
So my clock will work this Sunday?
That's what the software developer (Denso) said. The issue was the GPS week count, the firmware wasn't programmed to be able to decipher all of them. This Sunday the week count resets to a number the unit understands.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
STS 2008
36 Posts
Last year I downloaded the firmware for 2008 STS to fix the clock. I noticed there were some complaints of failure to initialize resulting in no radio or clock. I did not do the firmware. Is this firmware for all radio/nav systems. I have the factory Bose version. Also is there a later version I have not heard of?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
170 Posts
Some have tried using the 2008 file that has been posted in the main thread regarding this issue. However, as someone stated above, voice commands are lost. The clock was supposed to automatically come back on 8/16 but date will probably be wrong. See the following post for the service document regarding the files and look near the end for the STS ones:

#1,290

·
Registered
2 Posts

You were absolutely correct.
AFTER THREE MONTHS OF NO CLOCK (after changing the battery). the clock started working again on 8/16/20 exactly as you stated. Plus that date is also my wife's birthday and the Cadillac is her car, so this was a great unexpected supprise. THANKS.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,016 Posts
if you re-install the old update for the 2005-2006 NAV you'll get the VR function back and now since you can get a time signal you should be fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts