Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a local dealer install the cargo rail package or crossbars part #23256564 total cost $279.79. I liked the shiny side up of the previous generation but this one looked sturdy, painted flat black and not adjustable. There are holes where you can move the cross rails to the new position, it looked taller from the previous generation. To my surprise, the saw a Yukon that had the same crossbars. Are they standard to yukons and not to escalade?

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157652083470311

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Any chance of getting a pic of the Escalade from the distance to see how it looks on.....(not so up close).

Thanks! Also how difficult was this?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shodan01 said:
Any chance of getting a pic of the Escalade from the distance to see how it looks on.....(not so up close). Thanks! Also how difficult was this?
I had the dealer install it. It has four mounting points and uses a torx wrench which is included in the box. For the usual cargo box mounting #1, #2, #3 and #4. The front cross bar goes to the #1 and the rear goes to #2. Somehow the dealer installed it to #3. If you have the ESV or suburban, you can put it to #4.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
79 Posts
I ordered the bars online from eBay, had them in two days for $155. Installed them in about 20 minutes.

Link here (no affiliation) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Roof-Rail-Cross-Bars-fits-2015-Tahoe-Suburban-Yukon-XL-Escalade-ESV-/390977621971?fits=Year%3A2015|Model%3AEscalade&hash=item5b08150fd3&vxp=mtr

One major problem is that they only mount into designated locations - you can't slide them forward and back.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to mount our Thule roof top box - it doesn't line up with out being too far back or two far forward. Thinking about drilling some holes in the box.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the bars online from eBay, had them in two days for $155. Installed them in about 20 minutes.

Link here (no affiliation) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Roof-Rail-Cross-Bars-fits-2015-Tahoe-Suburban-Yukon-XL-Escalade-ESV-/390977621971?fits=Year%3A2015|Model%3AEscalade&hash=item5b08150fd3&vxp=mtr

One major problem is that they only mount into designated locations - you can't slide them forward and back.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to mount our Thule roof top box - it doesn't line up with out being too far back or two far forward. Thinking about drilling some holes in the box.
what kind of thule you have? I think the spots for the cross rails to fit a thule would be #1 and #2 but it would make it too forward, while #2 and #3 slots would make it too rearwards and the crossbars too narrow it will bounce the box. poor design imo. I have the old thule X1 and just glad that slots for the crossbars have a max length of 101.5cm=39.9 inches.

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Thanks for the pic! I have been debating as the new Escalade have no bling, but the do look more sturdy. I ordered a set from the eBay listing....along with some other Goodies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts