Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my new, well, new to me, '00 ETC and would like to get a car phone (not a handheld) installed. My personal cell phone is a GSM/GPRS phone and won't do well off the beaten path.

Would anyone have any suggestions/pointers on how/where to get a quality installed phone (preferably one that uses the pre-exisiting wiring and can use the handsfree and entertainment center interface already present in the car)? Also, any sea stories about how they work?

Many Thanks....

Jon

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Hello, and if you havent been properly welcomed, welcome aboard!!!

Whenever I am looking for something, I check ebay first, then the dealer........ Im sure you could find something on ebay, and if not then your dealer could get you one (most likely for big $$$)

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
dechief4 said:
I've got my new, well, new to me, '00 ETC and would like to get a car phone (not a handheld) installed. My personal cell phone is a GSM/GPRS phone and won't do well off the beaten path.

Would anyone have any suggestions/pointers on how/where to get a quality installed phone (preferably one that uses the pre-exisiting wiring and can use the handsfree and entertainment center interface already present in the car)? Also, any sea stories about how they work?

Many Thanks....

Jon
Shopping here could Save you a Ton of $Money$

http://www.salvageautoparts.com/cadillac-parts.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both Elwesso and SoundAdvantage. I'm checking out both your suggestions. We'll see if I find anything....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the following GM part number cell phone kit out there in the ether(GM part number 25721022), it's listed in the ad as for a Deville/Seville. Unfortunately, I can't find any part numbers anywhere for the kit for the Eldo - does anyone know if this kit will work (i.e. fit the prewriring that's supposed to be there) on my '00 ETC?
Thanks,
Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts