Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have the 3.2L and Borla exhaust, how much did it cost to get the right side muffler tip cut out on the bumper? Or did anybody go a different route?

Also, how does the Borla exhaust and Volant intake sound?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i have both and love the sound.

i believe ody cut his right side out himself. i had a guy at a collision shop do it. he didn't charge me anything for it because he was sitin around bored and was looking for something to do.

the muffler shop here charged me like 70 or 80 to put the exhaust on. i just didn't have time to bother with it when i bought it. if it wasn't so cold out right now i'd go take some vids or sound clips tomorrow...maybe we'll see because i'm off for the day.

anyways, heres a pic of mine...
since the pic the left tip was adjusted to the left for better alignment...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
For those who have the 3.2L and Borla exhaust, how much did it cost to get the right side muffler tip cut out on the bumper? Or did anybody go a different route?

Also, how does the Borla exhaust and Volant intake sound?
:yup: When I installed the B&B dual system on my wife's CTS, I cut the opening for the right muffler tip. I figured I could do it as good as anyone. I doubt if there's any "expert" CTS bumper cutters out there. With the factory single system removed, I made a template of the left side. Double checked it, marked the right side, and cut it out (slowly) with a a razor knife. It was easy to cut. One I finished the cut, it finished the inside edge with medium grade sand paper and it turned out well. Remember, measure twice, cut once. There's no guarantee that if you paid someone, they might do a worse job than you could.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. From my understanding, Borla supplies a template with the exhaust, so hopefully it will be a matter of minutes to just cut it out, and then I can install the exhaust myself.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yes borla has a template. it's the size of an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper thats transparent and statically clings to your bumper...much like the little holiday window decorations they have...

not sure if you looked already, but www.lildevilmotorsports.com is where i ordered my borla from. 899.99 and free shipping. the site was extremely efficient, the cheapest, and very fast for shipping. if, of course, you decide to go with the borla...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I take it the template isn't worth the paper it's printed on? And thanks for the website, will save me some money.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
actually the template worked out pretty nicely...it was cheap enough you didn't have to worry about destroying it (cut right through it on the lines) and strong enough to not fall apart. i think ody made his own though...but hey, sometimes us enginerds go above and beyond.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts