Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an installer for the Maggie on my 06 V who looks/sounds good. (He owns an 05 V). Prices seem to be in line with others, but he's claiming the harmonic balancer labor is 6 hrs to key and install. He's done plenty on LS2's, but none on the V. At $100 an hour this is a big upcharge on the bill. Anyone personally done this? Does the radiator have to come out? etc. He's also recommending the Racetronix in tank pump and harness kit at $400 with a 4 hr install. I'm inclined to go along with that idea having read of other's problems with fuel flow on this forum. Any suggestions or ideas deeply appreciated.
leo

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Radiator does not have to come out, but it makes it easier.

You need at least a 4 foot "breaker bar" and two people to do the bolt.

6 hours? No.

3? Yes.
Thanks Heavy, gives me a negotiating point. I'm not sure which works better for the consumer, hourly rate quotes, or whole project quotes. Whole job quotes certainly look better from the onset, but it seems like "something came up" is usually heard. Hourly quotes are generally overestimated, with the installer giving the customer a "discount" at the end of the project.

G

·
The actual removal and installation of the balancer is not that bad, maybe 3 hours. How long does it take to key the crank???

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
62 Posts
it can most likely be done in 3 hours or so, but book time is 5.2, which is what most shops charge based on. that time includes removal of the radiator to do the install/replacement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts