Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new CTS and want to know if it is possible to hook up a subwoofer to the stock system (non-bose)?

Does it have a set of preamps?

Are there any sites you recommend for a CTS owner for those looking to make additions to their car?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
As for the sub it is definately possible (and to a certain degree easy) to hook up another subwoofer to the stock system. You will need an amp to get the best sound and i would not install it without an amp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
As for the sub it is definately possible (and to a certain degree easy) to hook up another subwoofer to the stock system. You will need an amp to get the best sound and i would not install it without an amp
So do I need any adapters or are there preamps for the amp or powered sub? Thinking about getting the Infintiy BassLink , any reccomendations

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I have very high doubts that there are preamp outputs on a system like that. The Basslink is a good place to start, but you will probably need a speaker level to line level converter to make it work. I believe that the Basslink can also accept direct speaker level input if you want to splice off the rear deck, but line level is always best.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I put basslink in my wife's bmw 2000 e39, was pretty easy.

t1break said:
So do I need any adapters or are there preamps for the amp or powered sub? Thinking about getting the Infintiy BassLink , any reccomendations

1 - 6 of 6 Posts