Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear community,
I need to install a rear fog light to my 2007 escalade esv. Has anybody an helpfur infomation about the wiring?
I have bought a headlight switch with the push button for a rear fog light. In the instrument cluster is a symbol for the rear fog light.
The light will be installed kn the rear bumper. Now i need some infomatins about the wiring,because i want to use the lights on symbol in the instrument cluster when i push the button on the headlight switch.
It would be great if anybody could give me an tutorial for the wiring.
Thx

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
147 Posts
I have modified tail lights with 4 leds as rear fogs and orange turn signals. Passed inspection, fogs not enough away from brake lights but they let it pass anyway :) Anyway, I have US spec escalade with the european light switch but it seems that american light module does not understand rear fogs. So european switch needs to be separately wired to get the fog lights on.

Only way that I thought to turn the symbol on in the cluster woult be to install arduino (or similar) which after getting a fog light on current would send CAN message to cluster to light the rear fog symbol... so I just have a red led near the light switch. I don't know would it be possible to just mess with the cluster and wire the symbol independently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.Thx for your answer.
what is arduino? i never heard this before.

i will try to find a solution.

best regards

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
147 Posts
A microcontroller. However that would take waaay too much time in addition to parts. As far as I know GM has not publicly documented the codes for controlling the lights on instrument cluster so it would take guesswork (or european model escalade) to get the right codes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know the European models have an Auxiliary BCM, which controls the rear fog lights and some trailer related items I think. I would assume it sends a message to the instrument cluster to illuminate the light.
I don't think there is a wire going to the cluster specifically for the rear fog light indicator. Like you said, I'm sure it some message from the AUX-BCM. I know they have a working
light behind them because if you do a cluster light test with a GM Tech2, it will illuminate, even in the US models.

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
147 Posts
Now if someone could eavesdrop the message it sends we could build our own Aux-BCM for that :) As far as I know European Escalade has different BCM from US version (fits directly to different switch).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts