Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever change the top material on a 92 or older caddy brougham. Mine is carppy, and i found a guy parting one, who had the top redone not to lond ago an is sopose to be mint. He wants 250 for the top material and two side quarter window trim. All new, white.
Is it hard to DIY if i never did it before, i do work in a body shop, so i have tools and adhesives if needed. Just getting it tight and snug is major.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I read somewhere on here that most places will redo a top for between 250-350 bucks. For the possible hundred bucks you save buying the materials, it might just be easier to have a professional do it. If you do decide to go about it yourelf, take some pics and let us know how it comes along. Lol, theres alot of guys here that probly wouldnt mind replacing their top.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found that a top and install at a local top/upholstry shop was 3-400$$ Or i can buy the top material itself for around $100.

The guy trying to sell me just the marterial for $250, said it cost him $1000 for his top redo.

I think ill pass.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
You're probably not going to be able to take the vinyl roof off another car and put it on yours without it looking like crap. You can do that for cars that have lanudau roofs because they're made differently but it'll look a lot better if you just get someone to put a new one on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
brougham