Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a real hard time keeping the inside of the windshield clean! Seems I clean it one day and next day is all dirty again. I talked to another owner and they have the same problem. Anyone know what is causing this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's the gasses releasing from the chemicals in the dash pad that cause the 'film' to form in the Allante. It also contributes to the dash curling at the edges that is prevalent in Allantes.
Nothing you can do about it. Keep glass cleaner and paper towels handy. It can get bad enough to distort your line of sight in direct sun. It happened to me the other day.

~Steve

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I agree with the prior response, but with this age of car a heater core seeping can cause this as well. Usually the fogging has a "fish" odor as well. Sweet smell. If no odor, no wet carpet forward of the console, then its probably just chemicals. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
About the only thing that actally removes the existing film is Acetone. However, it is so dangerous and aggressive to the other trim materials that this would be a last resort type of approach.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Try Stoner Invisible Glass and use a microfiber towel, once you scrub the windshield clean it makes it easier to keep clean. Using as little chemicals as possible on the interior will help keep it from happening as often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
hcvone