Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's next? We've explored Intake, Exhaust, Appearance mods like Grills, spoilers and wheels, badging, hoods and rocker molding kits, suspension upgrades and shocks, lowering, sway bars... eletronics like DVD nav and speaker systems, explored what you can and can't do to the stereo....

Some people end up going to the CTS-V for more power

What else is in store for our CTS?! Let's get some brainstorming ideas going! How else can we modify and improve on our CTS'

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Im gonna find a way to put an Easy Bake Oven in my car. Make myself some brownies while doing 90 on the freeway.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Caddy Man said:
Im gonna find a way to put an Easy Bake Oven in my car. Make myself some brownies while doing 90 on the freeway.
Haha, I doubt you're gonna be able to fit it in that glove box ;)

How about HUD, has anyone looked into retrofitting the STS HUD system into our cars?

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ulises said:
N.:sneaky:.S

50 shot should do the trick...
Ahhh, hehe, no one has done nitrous yet...

Probably because it's not something so easily associated with luxury sport sedans, but not entirely impossible, hmmmm. 10 seconds of zoom, heh

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
AsAkAs said:
So what's next? We've explored Intake, Exhaust, Appearance mods like Grills, spoilers and wheels, badging, hoods and rocker molding kits, suspension upgrades and shocks, lowering, sway bars... eletronics like DVD nav and speaker systems, explored what you can and can't do to the stereo....

Some people end up going to the CTS-V for more power

What else is in store for our CTS?! Let's get some brainstorming ideas going! How else can we modify and improve on our CTS'
Next thing for me will be to port and polish my throttle body also do the same with the intake plenum and Modify the MAF it will be sooner than anyone thinks.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ulises said:
that's probably how long it would take for the dealer to void your warranty :tisk:
Hahaha. True true... nitrous usually goes into cheaper cars... or track only cars etc...

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SdMarineGuy said:
Next thing for me will be to port and polish my throttle body also do the same with the intake plenum and Modify the MAF it will be sooner than anyone thinks.
I thought you were selling for the V series Marine?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
AsAkAs said:
I thought you were selling for the V series Marine?
I think I will stick to my 3.6L because breaking my rear diff if I got a V would turn into a nightmare after the warranty ran out. I think I should see a great amount of difference port and polishing the throttle body and plenum with a modified maf. I am already at 305HP so I can't complain.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SdMarineGuy said:
I think I will stick to my 3.6L because breaking my rear diff if I got a V would turn into a nightmare after the warranty ran out. I think I should see a great amount of difference port and polishing the throttle body and plenum with a modified maf. I am already at 305HP so I can't complain.
Jealous... and you can use all that power year round in cali... i've been forced to use the snowflake button 3 times already and it's only december, oh how I yearn for the spring.

305hp, you may just have the most powerful 3.6L on the boards marine. Lead the way!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
How about a manual transmission with a progressive drum shifter like a motorcycle with paddle switches on the steering wheel to control it like F1.

·
Registered
CTS
112 Posts
bigger injectors, Walboro fuel pump.. is that for Japanese cars only? sorry but this is going to be my first American car...

we can get an afc controller and get the car dynod tune, usually if you advance the timing, youll get a few more horses around the powerband.

uhmm what else....

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
Sounds like "Stage II" of the CMS 3.6VVT by CMS. Odysseus plans to take his hotrod to Pete to have that work done. I'll probably pass on that mod.

I've already blown my allowance. Huggers/ Cats on order. Corsa on order and my black chrome engine goodies are in process. $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
2 Da Max said:
bigger injectors, Walboro fuel pump.. is that for Japanese cars only? sorry but this is going to be my first American car...
we can get an afc controller and get the car dynod tune, usually if you advance the timing, youll get a few more horses around the powerband.
uhmm what else....
AFC controllers don't work with any CTS besides the LS1.

I'm going the cooled-heated seats route. I'd also love to see someone work out the dvd situation, installed monitors in the car.
I'm actaully installing an HID kit in my fogs as we speak, hopefully pictures by christmas :)
Other then that, I'd love to install some performance mods, but I think my Z is gonna get most of that now.
I wonder if Comp cams could do a group grind !

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
Honestly, dude, you've allready got the 3.6L started. In order to be unique on the V, you'd have to do some sic modding, some of those guys are allready pushing 550, 600 to the wheels! Right now, you're probably the highest modded 3.6L publicly driven in the US. I wouldn't give that up if I were you.
Are you gonnna port/polish the exhaust manifold too? I mean, while you're there! :) You should look into installing a different throttle body, like a 70mm or soemthing.

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
damnit!!!! I got the 3.2l....everything is for the 3.6... POOP!!!!! this sucks. I have to wait about a year n a half to pay it off. Is there anything coming next for the 3.2l???? so you 3.6l guys can stop spanking my ass on the road:worship:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't done much research, but I always was under the impression that the trans. on the CTS was really weak. I just don't see the point in dumping a few g's into this car for REALLY BASIC speed-mods (headers, intake, cams, exhaust) and only see minor HP gains (10-30). It would be nice if it wasn't such a ***** transmission so we could throw a 100 shot or twins on it. Whatever, it's a good looking car stock so I'll just drive it and keep on :cool2: .

Chris

P.S. I would recommend owning this car and buy something cheap on the side for your speed needs.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jonnyd said:
damnit!!!! I got the 3.2l....everything is for the 3.6... POOP!!!!! this sucks. I have to wait about a year n a half to pay it off. Is there anything coming next for the 3.2l???? so you 3.6l guys can stop spanking my ass on the road:worship:
The 3.2L wasn't used for very long so there isn't much out for it, it was an interm engine that was almost a stopgap measure. Be happy with what you have, the 3.2L isn't a slouch

1 - 20 of 32 Posts