Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the oil and hopped on the freeway to get some ammo and this happened! Though I blew the tire but thankfully it was just the liner. Not sure why it came apart but I do not have the lower shield in front so I'm thinking it must have pushed some serious air into that fender well, going 125 probably didn't help that either. All is good pulled it out put it in the trunk and on my way.....happy Friday!

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I have an extra set if you're interested, but they aren't super cheap. And they're hard to ship. You probably need some pop rivets--maybe a couple of them broke, letting some air get in there. I've been up to 165 mph with no problems, and one guy has been up to 195 mph--also with no problems.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an extra set if you're interested, but they aren't super cheap. And they're hard to ship. You probably need some pop rivets--maybe a couple of them broke, letting some air get in there. I've been up to 165 mph with no problems, and one guy has been up to 195 mph--also with no problems.
Thanks for the offer I might take you up on it. More than likely the zip ties broke that where in the front area, either way glad it wasn't a tire would hate to rash out my F14's.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS V
329 Posts
Race Bannon said:
Thanks for the offer I might take you up on it. More than likely the zip ties broke that where in the front area, either way glad it wasn't a tire would hate to rash out my F14's.
Those rims look great.

I too had this happen to mine. I think I may have missed a pop rivet or two when I put it all back together after bumper removal. Mine also went at high speed (and scared the sh it out of me).

----------

FuzzyLogic said:
165 & 195! Now I feel like a grandma driver!

·
Registered
2005 cts-v 5.7 ls6
2 Posts
Any chance you still have these? My fender liner blew into a million pieces. Or if anyone can find me the part number I would appreciate it

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! The post you replied to is over 5 years dead and its posting member was banned and has not logged in for over 4.5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts