Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have to remove the drivers door panel (at least at first), how do i do this?

I cnat find a video on this (at least for the Escalade panels), i seem to have one bolt behind the handle and what appears to be covered screws at each outer edge. I read somewhere you dont pull the panel off, it lifts off, is this right?

My drivers door mirror just gave out (well most of it). I know its hard wired in the drivers door module, while driving today it went down like i put it in reverse, and that was the last thing it ever did.

It still folds in, the buttons still work for the passenger, the seat memory buttons still work. So either the up / down motors have failed or the drivers door module. At this point my money is on the door module as it went down to reverse what seems no reason then stopped working.

We are just comming out of a freeze, the drivers door seems to leak inside as well (i cant work that out) so i need to check this as well. I will run the tester on it to see if i get anything with regards feedback, but still thinking its the door module just gone bad.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
There is two screws holding it in place One near the handle
The other behind the lock slider(your manual lock)
Don't forget to remove the black plastic panel at the top near the window(it just pops in place)

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a screw parallel to the handle but over the light as well... there has to be more than 2 screws holding this panel on?

Once they are removed how do i get the panel off?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
SFX Group said:
I have a screw parallel to the handle but over the light as well... there has to be more than 2 screws holding this panel on? Once they are removed how do i get the panel off?
Nope there isn't
The one near the light is likely a push clip(like the plastic panel under the hood uses) easy to remove
Once you remove those screws and the black "sail" panel above the door panel it lifts up and away from the door(done multiple times when I was installing my infinity speakers)towards you

The light just pops in place but if it's never been removed before it may be a bit stubborn(mine was) to remove(you can also remove the socket from the housing if you find that easier

----------

Don't forget to remove the trim around the release handle before lilting the door panel(just pops in place)

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
# Remove the door handle bezel. Refer to Handle Bezel Replacement - Inside .
# Remove the door trim panel upper extension. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Upper Extension .
# Using a suitable flat-bladed tool, gently pry the manual lock lever from the door trim panel.
# Remove the push in fastener (3) at the front edge of the door trim.
# Remove the cap (5) covering the screw on the rear edge of the trim panel.
# Remove the trim panel screws.

* Remove the screw (2) from within the opening where the manual door lock lever resides.
* Remove the screw (4) from the opening in front of the armrest.
* Remove the screw (6) from the rear edge of the trim panel.

# Carefully slide the trim panel (1) up in order to release the retainers from the door.
# Disconnect the electrical connectors.

----------

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, ive not looked at the above links, but the below looks good. At least there sounds like theres no "break when you remove" type clips.

# Remove the door handle bezel. Refer to Handle Bezel Replacement - Inside .
# Remove the door trim panel upper extension. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Upper Extension .
# Using a suitable flat-bladed tool, gently pry the manual lock lever from the door trim panel.
# Remove the push in fastener (3) at the front edge of the door trim.
# Remove the cap (5) covering the screw on the rear edge of the trim panel.
# Remove the trim panel screws.

* Remove the screw (2) from within the opening where the manual door lock lever resides.
* Remove the screw (4) from the opening in front of the armrest.
* Remove the screw (6) from the rear edge of the trim panel.

# Carefully slide the trim panel (1) up in order to release the retainers from the door.
# Disconnect the electrical connectors.

----------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts