Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 1992 Seville, and the information center (under the speedo and tach) always has stuff to say to me. What are somethings it does say... Anyone know of any interesting ones, or is there a list of all of them and what they could be? Thanks

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's got the capacity to keep you pretty well informed of things going on with the car. From a door being ajar to an oil pressure issue or suspension problems. It'll even say good morning to you! It is also used to deliver diagnostic info. to you and show codes and such. Most all of the diagnostic information that you need is available through the " Driver Information Center " ( D.I.C.) with the touch of a couple of buttons that vary slightly depending on the year and model of your car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Maybe your car's mad at you! LOL!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I see, You might want to address that situation and let us know if she starts saying good morning again!

·
Registered
Seville STS
108 Posts
I fortunately noticed my D.I.C. messages which have been very helpful in my '99 Seville. Since the Northstars have a oil loss issue with some of them. One day it was time to change the oil so it stated "Change Oil" well I ignored it for a few days (OK a week or two) but thats besides the point, I kinda got used to seeing it and didn't want to reset it until I got the oil changed as a reminder, but then one day I noticed the message "Oil Level Low" how ingenious was that idea. I popped the hood and without a doubt the oil was almost off the stick :-o

Yes I quickly pulled into a local auto parts place and filled it up will more oil but without that message sensor I could have drove around for another 200 or 300 miles with very little oil in the car and not have known it.

Way to go Cadillac... That saved me $8000 or more.

1991 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200C

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
They're really nice!.....Yes?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
mine once told me it was 140 degrees outside then it said -40 then it went back to normal...pretty funny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine said "Fuel very low" once too, it was when I went to pick it up from the dealership....a few days after I baught it. Good thing there was a gas station close by.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah dealers are notoriously cheap about that for the most part!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts