Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few question about the nav screen in the 07 ext:

1) can i put any dvd in this and watch them while driving? Is there a safety feature where i can only view dvd's when im in park? If so how do i bypass this feature?

2) I dont see any auxillery holes for my ipod. How do you guys plug in ipod/iphone to listen to music? can i have playlists appear on nav screen

3) Bluetooth? How do i use the hands free in this car? do i have to buy aftermarket device or can i couple with iphone right away? Can this nav screen support call id call waiting etc?

thanks for helping a newb! lol

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
Yes you can watch DVD's but only when you are parked. To get all the other features you will need to get GMX-550 Lockpick or a similar product. search the forum there are tons of info on this already.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I have a few question about the nav screen in the 07 ext:

1) can i put any dvd in this and watch them while driving? Is there a safety feature where i can only view dvd's when im in park? If so how do i bypass this feature?

2) I dont see any auxillery holes for my ipod. How do you guys plug in ipod/iphone to listen to music? can i have playlists appear on nav screen

3) Bluetooth? How do i use the hands free in this car? do i have to buy aftermarket device or can i couple with iphone right away? Can this nav screen support call id call waiting etc?

thanks for helping a newb! lol
Unfortunately GM was still stuck in the stone ages in 2007 and did not even include a plain aux port, much less a USB jack. You'll have to go with an aftermarket solution to get your media player to input into the factory radio. Alternatively, it may be possible to retrofit the later Nav unit with aux or USB ports into the earlier trucks, which is what I plan to do. Your existing nav headunit is worth an easy 6-700.00 on EBay.

·
Registered
none
234 Posts
My screen has AUX on the top of the nav screen does this mine my 07 ext has a AUX output? Or are all the navs like this? If so whats it for then?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My screen has AUX on the top of the nav screen does this mine my 07 ext has a AUX output? Or are all the navs like this? If so whats it for then?

Thanks
do you mean you have the aux setting on your nav or you have the aux port (the plug in hole)
the setting is one thing, all sterios have them, but i cant believe an escalade doesnt have something as simple as the aux jack. THe port willl be on the back of the sterio, but who really wants to pull a radio out to plug in an aux chord that hangs out of the dash. Im disappointed in the ext dash and nav system. I always thought cadi's had cutting edge technology, and these few small features are far before 07.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts