Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comparison magazine or articles out there? I have gone from considering the G35 (twice) to the GS350 to the M35x. Now I am thinking why not go for the Caddy. Test drove it and love it.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
I'm sure the comparo is coming now that all of those you listed have done their revisions and are now being sold. Should be an interesting read.

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Welcome to the site buddy,
I also was considering the G35x (and even test drove it and thought it was too jerky a ride for me), and also test drove a TL and TL Type-S (the Type-S was actually a pretty fun car to drive). Most recently I drove the 258hp CTS and have decided that the CTS is the car for me (most likely going with the 304hp version though). I also considered the new C-Class for half a second...then remembered sitting in a previous gen C-Class and how I hated being stuffed in it (because I'm kind of a big guy). I also drove a 2007 BMW 328xi, and it was fun, so I won't bash on that...but kind of out of my price range for what it offers compared to the CTS imo, hope that helps, although to answer your original question, there haven't yet been comparison sites I've seen...but I too anxiously await them.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
My wife and I are looking to replace our 330i since it's 2yr lease is ending. We purchased a 07 Tahoe this spring and have been happy with it so far, so we decided to consider another GM as the 330i replacement. We test drove the CTS on Saturday and we were very impressed with it. I feel it's a major improvement over our 2006 330i. This is coming from someone that has owned 6 BMW's in the past 16 years. I still need to test drive some other cars, but I think we will end up with a CTS.

CTDW

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
I drove an Acura TL S-type two weeks ago and was impressed by the level of content for the money: navigation with voice recognition / rear camera / XM / 8-speaker / 6-disk / aux in jack, moonroof, memory / heated / leather / power seats, tilt / telescope wheel, HID. stability / traction control, steering wheel paddle shifters, 17" wheels with pressure monitoring, sport tuned suspension, performance brakes, etc. MSRP is mid 38K I'd end up around 43K for the same euipment level on an 08 CTS (DI engine, premium luxury collection). It was quieter than my 05 CTS - at 35 mph with my foot of the gas I only heard some tire noise. For 95% of my normal around town / highway driving the car would be pefect.

The 286 hp engine peaks at 6200 rpm - it really pulls at higher revs but seems like the torque curve is rather peaked as well. I'd seriously consider it if it wasn't for the torque steer (surprised how much there was in straight line acceleration), front wheel drive platform, peaky torque, and the honeycomb wheels that were finished in a charcoal grey that looked like they were caked in brake dust.

Still have an 08 CTS at the top of my list...

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Welcome to the site TimC and CTDW! :welcome: I haven't been able to test drive the new CTS or any of its competition so I can't help. Heh... been test driving a bunch of Corvettes lately... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife and I are looking to replace our 330i since it's 2yr lease is ending. We purchased a 07 Tahoe this spring and have been happy with it so far, so we decided to consider another GM as the 330i replacement. We test drove the CTS on Saturday and we were very impressed with it. I feel it's a major improvement over our 2006 330i. This is coming from someone that has owned 6 BMW's in the past 16 years. I still need to test drive some other cars, but I think we will end up with a CTS.

CTDW

The fact that you have driven BMW's give me confidence that GM is back and that the possible myth of German or Japanese superiority is no more. I drive an 04 TL with a 6 speed. It is nice by it is still a wrong wheel drive car. Also, its buid quality is nothing great e.g peeling bumper paint, squeeks, pops, third gear pops out. I am also beginniing to susepet that Acura realy isn't in the class of the premium automakers, maybe akin to Volvo? Oh, weel loks like the CTS. When do the discounts begin!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts