Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I just found this video on a simple method of extending the range of your keyless remote with just one small piece of wire. It really works. Highlight the link and click enter;

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven
233 Posts
kipkay from make magazine is awesome. I like watching his videos. But there is a easier way to increase the range from your keyless remote. Simply place/pointing the keyless remote on your head (like placing/pointing a gun to your head) and that should give you about 50 more feet or so, accroding to Top Gear from the BBC network.

Edit: here is a video. The embedded video doesn't work. just click the link to watch the video. I thought the idea is funny.

·
Registered
'08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
149 Posts
No kidding on the key to the ear - add in keep you mouth open in the direction of the car and its a winner. Works for my CTS, H3 and previously with a Volvo, a Mazda and a Jeep. Strange, and makes you wonder about EM on the brain :shocked:

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you carry a gun, be sure to check which one is pointed at your ear before click unlock.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
28 Posts
If you carry a gun, be sure to check which one is pointed at your ear before click unlock.
What was that movie a few years ago, where the burglar in the house got his inhaler and his gun mixed up? He sprayed the homeowner with his inhaler, and shot himself in the mouth. One of the funniest scenes ever.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Need to add one step before pointing fob at ear:

1. Point lighted flashlight in right ear, and look to see if light shines out of left ear. If so, remote will work beautifully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts