Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT 2004
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 2004 Escalade EXT that I often have to backup to park in my pre-assigned parking spot in my condo association (yes, I know, wrong vehicle for that situation, I still love it regardless) and its really tough to see the curb and curb lines when reversing. I was wondering what people recommend to increase the backup lamp brightness so when looking at my side mirrors, I can see as much as possible.

Can I replace bulbs in my backup lights like this:
http://www.amazon.com/TuningPros-LEDBL-3157-WS18-Backup-Reverse-Light/dp/B00DBEPK8E/
TuningPros LEDBL-3157-WS18 Backup Reverse LED Light Bulbs 3157, 18 SMD LED White 2-pc Set

or do I need a complete light kit like this
http://www.amazon.com/Back-up-Reverse-Include-Grommet-25108C-WK/dp/B00DENSJZS/
Pair of 2 LED 4" Round Back-up Reverse Light Kits Include Grommet, Plug Clear Lens White Light Truck Trailer RV 25108C-WK

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,122 Posts
Search eBay for 3157 cob cree. They are a real 11 watts which is more than 80 watt equivalent and you get a pair for $20. I also use similar for Daytime Running Lights and love them both and so far no failures.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV White Diamond Bought New
12 Posts
Look into 15 watt universal HIDs, cost is high, but according to many threads on the internet they are well worth it.
I want to invest it, but i don't drive the caddy enough to justify the purchase.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
coustickingz said:
Look into 15 watt universal HIDs, cost is high, but according to many threads on the internet they are well worth it. I want to invest it, but i don't drive the caddy enough to justify the purchase.
I would worry about the heat build up as it would make them a bad choice as the housing isn't really big for the back up bulbs to prevent heat build up (heat=melted housings)

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
I would worry about the heat build up as it would make them a bad choice as the housing isn't really big for the back up bulbs to prevent heat build up (heat=melted housings)
I guess melting is a possibility... But how far do you drive in reverse? They wouldn't get anywhere near hot enough to melt the housing on average.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
BlueAngel#07 said:
I guess melting is a possibility... But how far do you drive in reverse? They wouldn't get anywhere near hot enough to melt the housing on average.

I don't back up much normally
I do have the perimeter lighting enabled so it kicks the back up lights and DRLs on at night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts