Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this issue with Super Cruise? I got my 2019 CT6 Sport in July 2019. There is a highway I drive on regularly in the Washington, DC area (specifically Route 50 from Washington to the Bay Bridge, and then once over the bridge, I continue east on Rt 50 for another 30 miles or so). Most of the time, Super Cruise is available before the Bay Bridge and works great with only a few spots where it regularly disengages (one is to go over a bridge near Annapolis— not sure why it does that because it works on other bridges, but I’ve gotten used to that non-functioning area).

But occasionally it will simply never present itself as an option to engage in areas where it normally works. I will drive the entire route on adaptive cruise control, trying different lanes, and the icon will never appear. Most of the time it works great on this highway, but some days it just won’t work. Yesterday, on a clear day with no obvious weather issues and no highway construction, I drove the route in the morning and early evening, and it didn’t show the Super Cruise option either time.

I love the car and especially Super Cruise, and I appreciate how they’ve added additional roadways to the Super Cruise network. It used to be that Super Cruise wasn’t an option on sections of Rt 50 where driveways intersect with the roadway (the completely divided highway with only on and off ramps ends at a certain point once over the Bay Bridge), but the system upgrade now allows Super Cruise on some of these additional sections of roadway.

But I’m puzzled by these intermittent outages of Super Cruise on sections of roadway where it normally works. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
174 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue with Super Cruise? I got my 2019 CT6 Sport in July 2019. There is a highway I drive on regularly in the Washington, DC area (specifically Route 50 from Washington to the Bay Bridge, and then once over the bridge, I continue east on Rt 50 for another 30 miles or so). Most of the time, Super Cruise is available before the Bay Bridge and works great with only a few spots where it regularly disengages (one is to go over a bridge near Annapolis— not sure why it does that because it works on other bridges, but I’ve gotten used to that non-functioning area).

But occasionally it will simply never present itself as an option to engage in areas where it normally works. I will drive the entire route on adaptive cruise control, trying different lanes, and the icon will never appear. Most of the time it works great on this highway, but some days it just won’t work. Yesterday, on a clear day with no obvious weather issues and no highway construction, I drove the route in the morning and early evening, and it didn’t show the Super Cruise option either time.

I love the car and especially Super Cruise, and I appreciate how they’ve added additional roadways to the Super Cruise network. It used to be that Super Cruise wasn’t an option on sections of Rt 50 where driveways intersect with the roadway (the completely divided highway with only on and off ramps ends at a certain point once over the Bay Bridge), but the system upgrade now allows Super Cruise on some of these additional sections of roadway.

But I’m puzzled by these intermittent outages of Super Cruise on sections of roadway where it normally works. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
I've found something similar on I-270. But, it's rare. I drive from Rockville to the split at the Beltway, and every once in a while, when returning north, Super Cruise isn't available. But, I think it's only happened a couple of times in the 8 months I've had my '19 CT6 Platinum (disregard obsolete screen name). It's a wonderful thing when I drive home Sunday, exhausted after work downtown, and can just let the car do most of the work. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I commute from Arlington into downtown DC ... and because I avoid the $20+ tolls on 66, I don’t get to use Super Cruise in my daily commute. So I’m jealous! :) But I do get to use it during drives to the Eastern Shore, which is why these occasional outages are frustrating. Maybe someone at GM will see this and explain what’s going on when it doesn’t want to engage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have logged 2k miles on super cruise and found it to be a work in progress. Sun glare on the eye sensor will cause a drop out,road condition/repair sections, are iffy and sometimes it chooses not to engage for various reasons.It is a bit timid on curves and will slow down and it waits for the last minute to brake for slow traffic ahead. It reminds me of a new driver with a learners permit:)
Looking forward to a software upgrade some day but it is still very useful and I like using it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
SuperCruise feedback: I have 20,000 miles on mine (car now has 60k). In stop and go traffic the distance to the car in front of you is too far, so other cars cut in, thus forcing the brakes. Accel and decel in stop and go is abrupt at times and can cause car sickness. Car "saws" at the steering wheel on sweeping highway turns causing car sickness. I tend to take control more when my wife is the passenger for those reasons. Occasionally applies brakes when no cars on in front of it. Does not like the bridges where the lines have not been painted in a while. And yes, when coming up to stopped traffic, I definitely take control as it will brake too late and too hard. Funny that my worst "driver's score" on the Cadillac App are when SC is in control. Overall, still love it, but it takes some getting used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts