Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a used 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base model, after purchasing this vehicle I thought I needed to replace the head unit to get music as no sound was being played through my speakers. I replaced the head unit and everything works fine except there is no sound still, I checked the fuse box under the hood and realized that the 30A fuse for the Amp (slot 42) was missing. I put the fuse in, went to start the suv and now it won't crank... Everytime I turn the key it goes dead no power to anything, I freaked out. I unplugged fuse 42 and then tried starting again and thankfully it started.

I don't know how to get my speakers working though, and I don't know what to do. No one does! Do I replace the factory amp with another bose factory amp or an aftermarket amp? Will it work.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to do work myself, I am a handson person. I was curious if others ran into the same problem so I can get a jump on where to start. Thanks for the advice though, if all else fails I will def need to see a dealer

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
harb204 said:
I like to do work myself, I am a handson person. I was curious if others ran into the same problem so I can get a jump on where to start. Thanks for the advice though, if all else fails I will def need to see a dealer
Might want to also try a car audio shop? Might be an opportunity to also upgrade those poor quality BOSE speakers as well.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
49 Posts
According to the wiring diagram I have, Fuse 42 does not feed the Amp. It feeds the Radio/clock/RSA/digital Radio. If there is a fault on any of these putting fuse 42 in could cause the battery voltage to collapse. I take it fuse 42 didn't blow when you inserted it with the ignition on? (this could also indicate a battery in poor condition). With fuse 42 removed check from the output side of fuse 42 to ground with a multimeter set on Ohms. If the reading is very low this would indicate damaged wiring or a fault on one of the devices fed by this fuse. Disconnect each device in turn to find the fault.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I would try to unplug the wiring from behind the radio. You may find that a prior owner installed some sort of isimple device back there. There have been numerous reports of these types (adding ipod control, Bluetooth, aux in, etc) of devices causing electrical problems, including not starting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts