Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to drive from Tucson to Vegas so I stop off at Discount Tire to rebalance the new tires I got from urb last week. The balance goes perfect but EVERY single one of my wheels has multiple hairline cracks on the inside lips!! One of the wheels has a crack so bad that you can actually see where the two sides are not ligned up (only a fraction of a millimeter, but still visible). Even though they are balanced there is still a slight wobble at highway speeds. They advised me to not drive on the highway with them in their current condition.

WHAT TO DO!?!? I AM SO PISSED OF RIGHT NOW I CANNOT PUT IT INTO WORDS.

My plan is to pick up a set of used factory wheels/tires to mount on the V while I send my aftermarket Makaveli rims back to them in So Cal. I just need a set of factory wheels in the meantime until the aftermarket rims are warrantied (I HOPE!!!!).

Someone please help me out, point me to where I can pick up a used set of wheels for relatively cheap or sell me yours! :helpless::helpless::helpless:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how in the hell they got cracked, but I saw it with my own eyes so its not some shop monkey jerkin me around.

I calmed down now :banghead: and thought more about my options at this point. I can either get a whole new set of tires/rims or just try and find some cheap 19's that will fit the V and have the new tires I just bought mounted on some temporary rims.

There are some 18" Miglias on eBay right now with tires for $1150 shipped, might do that. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-MIGLIA-WHEELS-TIRES-RIM-CADILLAC-CTS-V_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66484QQitemZ8014366531QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If I buy these I will need to resell them as soon as my Makaveli 19's are repaired and I have them back. Anyone wanna get in line to buy the Miglias in a few weeks? :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It definately was not Discount's fault. Its strange how the cracks are on the insides of the wheels' lips. I wish I had my digi cam with me when the wheels were off the car. I may just go ahead and drive on them to Vegas and take them to the dealership where they were purchased at (which is in Vegas anyway).

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have four in Tennessee, the tires are Cooper Xeons and the wheels look great. Make me a reasonable offer and I can FedEx them to you. I guess we could handle the deal on paypal.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
LV_V, Are you still willing to do a little Vegas V meet? I won't be able to do it 2 weeks from Monday though. Since, i'm leaving to So Cal for a week due to the holiday and the xbox 360 that I preordered LOL.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i made it back to vegas alright. thank god. just got home from beers and cigars...

about a v meet, im open this entire week until nezt monday for a meet. if you're available anytime this week let me know. i'm also thinking of getting an x pipe welded in sometime this week. cant wait.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess Makaveli is not open on the weekend, but I left them several messages. I'll find out what I can do about the cracking/defective rims tomorrow.

In the meantime, there's another problem that I have with the rear right wheel. The rims are 3-piece and air is slowly leaking out of the back of one of the bolts/nuts that holds the rim together. Anyone had any experience with 3-piece rims? Is there somewhere I can take them to have the bolts tightened? Hopefully that will fix this problem until I can get replacement rims?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a set of factory rims with the runflats, have 5300 miles on them.

I'm selling for $800 all four, I have detail photos if you're interested, just let me know. PM or email: [email protected]

D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts