Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 quick questions, since in dash six discs radio were an option, were they always matted with bose speakers or can you have a cts with a in dash six and non bose setup. Secondly, are all in dash 6 discs xm ready. If anyone knows please post, thanks a buch.

·
Registered
466 Posts
gmc1500 said:
I have 2 quick questions, since in dash six discs radio were an option, were they always matted with bose speakers or can you have a cts with a in dash six and non bose setup. Secondly, are all in dash 6 discs xm ready. If anyone knows please post, thanks a buch.
:tisk: I'm sure the answer to your first question is NO. Again, I'm not positive, but I haven't heard of a Bose system with a single CD. Answer two is YES. You can add the "factory" style add on XM kit from www.radiosandmore.com . You would need the XM enabled through a dealer with the Tech II tool.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
If it has Bose, it has the 6 disk changer. If it didn't have Bose, I'm fairly certain that they came stock with a single disk player. They are interchangeable though, and you don't need Bose to swap a 6 disk changer head unit. The difference is in the speakers and external amplifier.

As for XM, the answer is 'Yes' with a caveat. XM wasn't an option until mid '03 when the dash switched to Black. I found out the hard way that the pewter dash radios (including the Nav) do not have the XM firmware. My newly retrofitted '05 DVD Nav does. It was plug and play with no programming necessary with the Radios and More kit.

-1- was the pioneer who worked with them to get their kit to work with the CTS Nav system. I was the second one to purchase the kit, but after looking at schematics figured a cheaper way to get the same thing. The write up is at CadillacFAQ.com, which describes how to build your own harness and save $100 on the XM retrofit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the good replys. I have made up my mind and decided to buy the new IPOD unit from radios and more, since you do not need to have an xm ready radio, I can keep my existing radio. Thanks for all the replys, you guys are the best. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts