Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My in Dash 6 Disc CD changer Jammed and I can't get the CDs out or listen to a CD...I am thinking of taking the Dash off to look at the CD changer but I that's where I run into problems because I don't know how to do that...any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
I had the same issue and I was able to get in there and get the CDS out but it never worked well after that. It worked for awhile and then only cd 5 and 6 would work. I got a new nav after that and problem solved. Luv is right though, it aint a good place to be

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help...i think i will try to get the cd's out myself first and if that doesn't work i will just replace luvmy03caddy with a nav...or just get the man to totally destroy my dash for me then get them to replace it :)

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
I bought my CTS and made a special mix CD just to play for the occasion, and when I went to play it the CD player was already jammed before I left the lot!! So obviously theyre paying to fix it but its been almost 2 weeks with no radio nothing!! :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Paco...I noticed your message on the CD player..mine has just taken a dump and I was wondering did you get a used NAV system to swap with yours and if so, what years are compatible?? Any wiring changes needed??? also, if you have any sources where I can find a unit...apprectiate any help...

CC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get in to the CD changer and for some reason it had loaded 4 discs into one slot. Took the CDs out and the player works like new again...except this time i am only going to put one CD in at a time.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
I was able to get in to the CD changer and for some reason it had loaded 4 discs into one slot. Took the CDs out and the player works like new again...except this time i am only going to put one CD in at a time.
Good to hear. Little late on the update tho... :alchi:

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
My changer is at it again...it was replaced under warranty when I bought it in the summer by another stock 03 one...but now that one is jammed too, and no warranty now...i think imma just get the NAV this time...very frustrating though........................

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just use a MP3 player now. After i fixed the jam the first time it jammed up again within a week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts