Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
Joined
·
391 Posts
When I was 16...cool!

Now that I'm actually responsible for paying my own bills...what a waste of $100 worth of rubber!
 

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
I asked the people who did that. They used a RWD.

The tires are $216-$260 a piece. So yeah it's a waste.
 

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
Joined
·
391 Posts
I know I did at age 16. Of course in those days you could buy all 4 bias tires for $100 bill, and get change back.
 

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Ouch it may be fun to do but NOT cheap
It isn't at all. My Bridgestone hit some unknown object and ripped a piece of the side wall. I had no choice to but to replace them. I asked the service manager how much, he said $260 plus labor which came to a grand total of $290.

Moral of the story, be very careful with those tires. :)
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
Nihsel10 said:
It isn't at all. My Bridgestone hit some unknown object and ripped a piece of the side wall. I had no choice to but to replace them. I asked the service manager how much, he said $260 plus labor which came to a grand total of $290. Moral of the story, be very careful with those tires. :)
One or two tires??

Either way ouch for sure on price
 

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
Joined
·
459 Posts
I was just goofing around with my 16 year old son saying we should see if our ESV could do a burn out. I just showed him this video and he said come on let's do it. My answer...NO!! Last week I needed new rear tires for my CTS-V. Took the car out and shot a video of those old tires roasting..LOL! Now that car is easy to launch and light the tires up!! The new Pilots are on the V and traction control is back on.
 

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
Joined
·
167 Posts
As a kid I can tell you guys when you "parents " buy us cars and let's us drive your vehicles we will rev them, race them, and try to maybe do burn outs because those things don't cost us it doesn't hurt us one bit but you guys on the other hand haha are losing money
 

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
Joined
·
8,189 Posts
gloz28 said:
As a kid I can tell you guys when you "parents " buy us cars and let's us drive your vehicles we will rev them, race them, and try to maybe do burn outs because those things don't cost us it doesn't hurt us one bit but you guys on the other hand haha are losing money
Yup, I did burn outs in my my Dads Silver Shadow.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
evois said:
So, if I have a 4wd I can just turn the switch to 2wd and make the burnouts?
Yes and disable traction control first

----------

gloz28 said:
As a kid I can tell you guys when you "parents " buy us cars and let's us drive your vehicles we will rev them, race them, and try to maybe do burn outs because those things don't cost us it doesn't hurt us one bit but you guys on the other hand haha are losing money
I didn't get that luxury though as I had to pay for everything even though my parents gave me my first car
As much as I wanted to try and break the rear wheels free(79 Chrysler Córdoba) I shuddered at the thought of my money going up in smoke in the process as I was a collage student at said time and money was tight

Though I did rev and race said car no burn outs though
 

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
One or two tires??

Either way ouch for sure on price
Only one, thank goodness. But still sucks that I have to pay to replace them.

Unlike the 2012 GL550 I had all 4 tires corded and nearly wrecked on the highway driving 70 mph speed limit. Ended up spending $2k to replace them all along with the camber and caster. Reason for the cording: Mercedes' double wishbone suspension which had negative camber. I am keeping a good eye on my new GL hope they don't cord before I give it up in 2017.
 

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
Joined
·
3,710 Posts
Nihsel10 said:
Only one, thank goodness. But still sucks that I have to pay to replace them. Unlike the 2012 GL550 I had all 4 tires corded and nearly wrecked on the highway driving 70 mph speed limit. Ended up spending $2k to replace them all along with the camber and caster. Reason for the cording: Mercedes' double wishbone suspension which had negative camber. I am keeping a good eye on my new GL hope they don't cord before I give it up in 2017.
That's why I liked the solid rear axle of the escalade which good for towing and no inner tire wear. My dueler alenzas lasted up to 70k miles with 7/32 left in my hybrid. I had to replace it 3x at 195k miles.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top