Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2005 CTS with Nav. When I tried to enter a destination by address, I went to the Navigation instruction Page 2-30 under the sub-heading Address I tried to followed the steps: "1. To enter the state name, press the State reconfigurable soft key" when I pressed this soft key, a yellow bar appeared on the bottom of the screen saying "no data available" what is that all about? The Nav system started up with the state of Michigan as the state and I can't change it using the directions in the manual. Am I going to have to move to Michigan?

Anyone else have this happen? Am I doing somthing wrong? I took it to the dealer but that was a waste of time, no one there knows how to work the program except one person and they are out of the office for the rest of the week.:bonkers:

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Do you have a GPS signal?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES The system works, I was able to get to my state WA through the back door by using the POI feature. But somthing is not right

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Are you sure its a 2005? is the system CD or DVD?

It sounds like it might be CD in which case its a different map, hence the No data message. Did they replace the radio recently?

If not, you may want to check your DVD for scratches or just clean the disc (microfiber towel inside to outside)

Reed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES I'm sure it's a 2005, the disk is a DVD the version is 6.0 and I will try to wipe the disk clean. Note, everything else in the Nav system works. After I got to my state through the POI's I was able to set a course from the dealer to my house with out any problems but If I wanted to go from my home in WA State to an address in Portland OR. I could not do it at present. The system will let me select the city, street but not the state

I'll try the cleaning and get back to you

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found that it took a wahile for my NAV system to settle into my location. For some reason it would default to LA (I'm in DC) and would take a minute to figure out it was in DC. I also screwed around with the disk, putting in DVD's and trying the techniques I learned on this site to get the movies to play while driving. Eventually, after taking out movies and putting the nav disk back in (maybe 10 times) the system started locating itself correctly.

I have no idea why this happened. Then the trouble of learning the system took some time to work out. I was always doing something wrong and getting similar screens ("no data") as you. A lot of the problem was me being too hasty for the system. A little patience is required when in putting addresses. I still struggle finding certain screens to perform specific functions, which make me impatient after 3 months of having the car.

My 2 year old daughter loves Finding Nemo on the Bose 5.1 surround system. Hell so do I! The movies sound incredible in my car and now my daughter complains when she drive in my wife's car with no movies. How thing's have changed since I was a kid. I remember the days when pushing the manual lock buttons up and down were entertainment enough for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts