Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this lack of support is killin me. I dont like bitchin but c'mon, we had like a million people that said they would go and now only a few have confirmed!

Secondly, I might have to call off the race night. A couple people who I talked to and said they would bring others have never responded to me after several e-mails. On top of all that the track manager called and said they need to get 2k for racing. I told him i cant do that and that i thought I could do 1500. I dont see that happening now either with the obvious lack of support Im getting.....

Its getting to be too much. Work has been a nightmare for the past 3 weeks and several other VERY stressful situations have arisen in my life....

I never give up as Im sure most of you have seen but all this shit is taking its toll....

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
hey nick, sorry to hear people aren't committing. :confused: I've only had my cts since january, but I think this sounds like a blast and a way to have a great time with a bunch of fellow owners. I've got my rooms booked and confirmed with you couple weeks ago. If the racing falls through, let me know so I can cancel my cedar falls hotel room and just come to Des M on fri.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Nick I have confirmed my rooms. I havent sent you my 50 for racing but I have it to send if that will help now. I really think if ALL these chicago guys would confirm you would feel better. Im not sure what the hold up is.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I just got the news I had been waiting for to determine whether or not I could make the trip over the weekend. But I'm coming. Can't make it time for track night, but I'll be there for everything else.

I thought I saw in the other thread that the block of rooms at the Super 8 has sold out. Is that true? I need to make my hotel reservations this week.

Maybe you can post a list of who has confirmed for the meet. That way, anybody who's planning to come can check to make sure they've said so and they're on the list.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Hey Nick,
Not to get you down but ask RobertCTS and he will tell you the statistics on meets. Normally half of your confirmed members will not show up.
Our biggest Florida meet to date was one we held in Orlando a little over a year ago. I had a lot of people post in the thread that they where going to come and showed a lot of interest. We didn't count them until they responded to a email saying please respond to this if you are confirming you would be attending the meet. We had 30 comfirmed emails right before the big meet saying they will be there. A total of 25 Cars showed up. We had a excellent turn out. We where told to expect almost half of our confirmed RSVP's to show up. I think it is great you have taking your time out to give members here a way to meet, learn and share experiences from other people that have something in common with each other that would most likely never had meet if it wasn't for the meet. Good luck.
How many are confirmed now?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
I thought I saw in the other thread that the block of rooms at the Super 8 has sold out. Is that true? I need to make my hotel reservations this week
i posted that, when i called they said the block was all booked, but i was still able to get a room, it just cost like $5-10 more.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Well I'm confirmed. I just gotta send you a check for the race night (if that's even happening) and book my hotel room.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh boy you will pay when I see you!! LOL!!!

Seriously, the shit I been dealin with would break anyone..... but not me!!! :want: Its not even related to the meet.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will decide tommorrow on the race night....

Im leaning towards callin off the racing. Even if we dont race shit will be tight. I already have a great backup plan in place.....

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, thats a given man!! but, thats not until after we are done at the regular bars and all the people that arent bad mutha f****s like us go home for the night!

X

·
0 Posts
How does a guy petition for a national meet in Vegas so the west coast can go? Not that Vegas is central or anything but it iiiiiis Vegas after all. Maybe we can all agree on a central location more of us could pull off?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It doesnt get more central than Des Moines. Des Moines is smack dab in the middle of the country....

You do realize youre probably closer to Des Moines than you are to Vegas right??

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, i was right, youre closer to DSM. SO you in or what? Assuming you can hang with us hard core partiers.....

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Its 1 hour shorter to Des moines for him but 3 miles farther. Yeah Im bored

12 hours and 20 mins (807 miles)

vs

11 hours and 24 mins (810 miles)

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiip Cluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub
Isn't Tuxedo's in Des Moines? Or is that in Davenport? Can't remember. The only good ones I can remember off the top of my head in Des Moines are Big Earl's & the Lumber Yard. I'm sure there's more, but it's been a while since I've been home.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts