Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And 3.42's matter. :) The new rear end is settled in the Fleetwood, and has woken it up significantly. I pulled at a light next to an Impie SS today. 94-96 range. LT1 vs LT1, well... I revved he revved... light turned green... I out launched that bubble, and kept pulling slowly... On up to whatever speed we hit. My speedo's so off, I have no idea. But the Fleetwood, at 200lbs heavier outran an Imp. I'm loving these new gears. *happy dance*

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
ShadowLvr400 said:
And 3.42's matter. :) The new rear end is settled in the Fleetwood, and has woken it up significantly. I pulled at a light next to an Impie SS today. 94-96 range. LT1 vs LT1, well... I revved he revved... light turned green... I out launched that bubble, and kept pulling slowly... On up to whatever speed we hit. My speedo's so off, I have no idea. But the Fleetwood, at 200lbs heavier outran an Imp. I'm loving these new gears. *happy dance*
nice kill man :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
261 Posts
One fact is that there is no replacment for displacment. Another fact is that you cannot beat a loose screw, the best accleration upgrade that can be made.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
hahaha this shall deflate the ego of those egomanical Impala SS owners!!! Yeah getting beat by a granny car! Cadillacs Rule!

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
You still have that avitar that makes your car look like a Caprice wagon or Olds Custom Cruiser. :p

·
Registered
1999 Black and Tan STS
753 Posts
an01sts said:
One fact is that there is no replacment for displacment. Another fact is that you cannot beat a loose screw, the best accleration upgrade that can be made.
My first cadillac was a 78 Fleetwood with the 7.0. When the outer bearings in the rear went, I bought a junk yard rear and did the install myself. Let me tell you, at 7 litres and the WRONG rear in the car it could smoke the tires all the way to the cords. I will never forget the first light I pulled up to, not knowing the ratio was wrong. It sounded so smooth after all that time with bearings and gears rumbling that i just wanted to hear the engine with the custom dual exhaust. The light went green and I punched it as I normally did and the whole car went up and started sideways, both tires smoking! Geeze it could pull! Unfortunately I pulled up a highway ramp and with the gas to the floor, I could only manage about 70 mph.
Just for fun, I left that rear in there a week before I swapped it out for the correct one...
No replacement for displacement- with gears!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts