Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally found the one I've been looking for. A 52,000 mile white Fleetwood Brougham in 100% original MINT condition. I'm in NY and I found it in Boca (where else???). I had a buddy check the car out for me and I sent the owner a check and arranged an expert transporter.

With some expert advise from the Forum here, I have gathered my carefully selected toys. A front license bracket, a Pioneer stereo with the proper wire harness, a new set of Vogues and a set of VERY cool fat wire basket rims.( I hate tru-spokes).

The car was "supposed" to get here friday but it looks more like saturday. I cannot WAIT to actually get my hands on my new, old Cadillac.

Thanks to all who answered my questions here on the forum and I'll surely post pics as soon as the new car arrives.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
Boca? That's like, the next town up from where I used to live. Freaky.

Can't wait for pics! Where did you find the car? Ebay?

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi Nick,

How exciting! What color interior? Sounds like you'll have a ton of fun with your new toy! GET READY!!!

I'm in Sarasota and there is quite an abundant habitat of original nice looking Cads from the 1980's and 1990's still in regular use here in the Sunshine State. I'm glad you did your homework and had the car checked out since garage kept examples from Florida can be totally prime. As a contrast, cars that live outside 24/7 here in Florida are typically rough and deteriorated, both inside and out, from the glaring sun, extreme heat, and salt air.

Have fun and post some pictures when you get it and also after you put on your wheels, tires, and sound system!

Dave

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see the progress.

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boca? That's like, the next town up from where I used to live. Freaky.

Can't wait for pics! Where did you find the car? Ebay?
I watched a couple of auctions on similar cars on Ebay but I found this one on Autotrader. The owner passed away and his son was selling it for his mom. The trucker is running behind and now I won't get the car until monday....I'm pissed! I was planning on doing a clay bar detail job on the car Sunday but that's going to have to wait.

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Nick,

How exciting! What color interior? Sounds like you'll have a ton of fun with your new toy! GET READY!!!

I'm in Sarasota and there is quite an abundant habitat of original nice looking Cads from the 1980's and 1990's still in regular use here in the Sunshine State. I'm glad you did your homework and had the car checked out since garage kept examples from Florida can be totally prime. As a contrast, cars that live outside 24/7 here in Florida are typically rough and deteriorated, both inside and out, from the glaring sun, extreme heat, and salt air.

Have fun and post some pictures when you get it and also after you put on your wheels, tires, and sound system!

Dave
Beige leather interior, 100% stock. The car is garaged kept and the front seat has the least amount amount of leather cracks than any others that I've seen. I'm an appraiser at big BMW dealer here in NY and I had a wholesale buyer from Boca go to look the car over for me. His response was exactly what I hoped for...."If you don't buy it,..I will"

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick
post some pics when you can

good luck with the new ride!!
Thanks for the well wishes and the smooth transaction with my license plate bracket. I'l certainly give you a shout if I need any more parts.

I'll definitely post some pics when the car finally arrives. I had a high end enclosed transport company pick up the car and it's taking forever to get to me. The driver told me that when he buckled down the car that he heard an electric motor running so he disconnected the battery. Was that the air suspension that he heard??

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes it was, good thing he removed the battery cable!!!
Thanks.

I guess the driver just earned himself a bigger tip, huh?

Even though I'm not happy about how long it's taking to get here, now I'm really happy that I went with an exotic transporter instead of a normal car carrier. I guess that strapping down the car to the transporter caused the level ride to run constantly which could have caused me some major problems by the time that the car arrived. Shouldn't there be some kind of switch somewhere in the car to turn off the air suspension for towing or jacking up the car?

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
we always pull the large fuse from the fuse panel under hood, to disable that system
who did you use for a transporter?
Ive had good luck with intercity
I may be buying a 99 viper gts, thats in ohio
that will need shipping

waiting to see if the deal will work out....

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Intercity is very good. We use them for anything that goes west of NY. We use Plycon for anything north/south. They do all of the transport for the Bentley/Lambo store up the block from us and their main office is in my town. They are METICULOUS and the drivers are very professional as they demonstrated with disconnecting my battery.

Viper???.......very cool!! The perfect combo with a Fleetwood is a fun sports car.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Nick, How much more fun can a guy have?!? I'm excited for you! I bet it is like being a kid waiting for X-mas morning - - the anticipation! Sounds like your transporter is doing things right including not being in a hurry. I can't wait to see the pictures! Dave

·
Registered
1994 brougham
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nick, How much more fun can a guy have?!? I'm excited for you! I bet it is like being a kid waiting for X-mas morning - - the anticipation! Sounds like your transporter is doing things right including not being in a hurry. I can't wait to see the pictures! Dave
I might get it later today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to start putting it all together and to actually see and drive the car. If I can get a jump on the detailing today I'd be thrilled. My only concern is I'm a little worried that the center hubs on my spokes may hit the fender skirts and that will set my completion plans back a bit. I'll know better when I get it up on a lift with the wheels in hand.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
Ah detailing... my least favorite part of the car experience. At least, here in the blistering heat it is. lol

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
Damn, that one looks clean!!

nice job on the shine

its the only passenger car that you can put a large pizza (box) on the
dash, and it doesnt hang off in front...LOL

congrats, !!!!

·
Registered
19,738 Posts
That car is absolutely GORGEOUS.

What do you think of the drive? :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts