Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went looking for a model of a cadillac, couldnt find one so i got an impala and iam gona slowly turn it into a Fleetwood. As of now all i did(i just got the thing) is add the skirts. But i need pics of some FWs. Mainly front and rear and a few interiors would be nice. I'll try to snap pics of my progress.

Oh and iam thinking of painting it deep blue with a tan top and tan and navy interior, what do ya think?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I think it sounds like a great idea.... But why didnt you just get a FW :confused: ???

But your idea sounds good..... I dont think a tan top would look good...... if anything, put on no top (and most members here would go that way), or have the top the same color as the car........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
add another BF to your total, its a 1/24th scale model car, and they dont have FW models. Iam going with the soft tan top becuase iam gona have to do alot of work to get the back windows to look right and it will be easier to make it look smooth with the cloth over it. But i might go tripple black with it, i dunno yet.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
:rolleyes:

I figured anything you would post on here would have to do with a DRIVEABLE (or previously driveable :D ) car........ I didnt even pay attention to the part that says "its a model"......

I still stand on my origional comments, though......

·
Registered
266 Posts
You trying to do something like this?

I built this a couple years ago from an AMT/Ertel "Slammers" Caprice Pro Mod cop car :eyebrow: . This is actually the second incarnation of it. The first one I did had a hyro chassis under it. I used to leave it in the back window of my car but eventually the Florida sun warped the hell out of it. This one had a mini R/C chassis for a while but I took it out to put another hydro chassis in this one. That was the last time I played with it. I may have to pull it out of the box and redo it to match my car this time.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but iam going crazy with mine, i basicly got rid of all the impala rear end after the wheel wells. and i made the front grill bigger. Oh and i got rid of the impala rear window and iam working on putting together the new rear end outa sheets of styrine(sp?) plastic and putty.

Oh and i remember someone doing that purple car, just forgot it was you. looks good, got any better shots of the rear?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Right on. Sounds like you're going all out. I'll have to snap a couple more of the rear. Basicly I took some scrap plastic and a lot of putty and molded them into the rear. Then I filled in the Impala tail lights and recut the reverse lamps. The one thing I would like to do is redo the front. Put the peak into the nose, recut the grill and exstend the bumper so the front looks more like a FW.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man i was at walmart looking through all the cars and i found a nice 1/43 XLR a hotwheels 59 eldo and of all things a model of the Ecto 1, yes the ghostbuster car. As you should know its a cadillac ambulance. So iam not putting any ghostbuster stuff on insted iam smoothing it out, painting it a nice candy color and putting some rims on it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dude, Sweet!!! You found an Echto 1!?!?! That's kick ass. There's actually someone on ebay selling a 74 ambulance done up like that. When I saw it I couldn't stop laughing for 5 min. I have a 1/18 scale XLR and the Cadillac LMP. Those were some good finds. I also have a 59 Eldo convertable and a 49 Series 62 convertable I picked up a few years back. Both 1/18. The 59 I'm starting to modify a bit. I cut the suspension up and made it lay frame and put a set of American Racing Torque Thrusts on it from a DUB city Avalance. It's funny how a set of 22" rims can suddenly turn into 14's, lol. Next I'm gona make a metal hardtop for it and repaint it. Also have a 73 Eldo that I slammed out and turned into a convertable.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet, get some pics of your collection. I got the rear looking more and more like a FW so iam gona see about getting my little cam working so i can take some pics, wont be good pics but oh well.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
LadyDeath Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I used to be a major comicbook junky. That is until Bloodshot was canned and Spawn was commercialize.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mad'lac said:
I used to be a major comicbook junky. That is until Bloodshot was canned and Spawn was commercialize.
Bring'n it back old skool. I think I still got bloodshot #1 hid'n around here somewhere. I was more into the MAXX and Wet Works back then. I was pissed when Chaos Comics went under. I'm a huge Purgatori fan. I got out of it for a bit after that though. Now I'm picking up what ever looks interesting. The new Venom series looks neat. It dosn't look like the typical Spiderman vs. Venom series which is good. That got boring. I'm in the planning stages to make my own book now. Probablly gona be web based at first. So how far I get with that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
5 Participants
Scrapyard