Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Catera and 14 previous Cadillacs, Mercedes E320 Cabrio
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the other more knowledgeable and active members noted recently that it has been somewhat quiet here lately. I think the reason for this is the number of Catera owners is decreasing. Many are finding their way to the scrap yard. While there are some previous owners that find no problem with that, I for one think this is a shame. There are still some issues that may never be answered if people just give up and walk away. With this car as well as many others before it, owners get frustrated if they find no mechanic able or willing to work on their car. They will then trade it, scrap it, and/or just give up. I personally have found this forum as well as the internet in general a vast fountain of information for my Catera issues. While there are MANY negative/uninformative comments about the car, there is as much a wealth of valuable information for the trying-at-times ownership of this love/hate relationship. Many have commented on the joy of driving this car(when you can), as well as the many comments on the lack there of. I can say my car has seldom left me in a position of non-drive-ability any more than some of my other cars over the years. I must admit in my early years it would probably have been gone as quickly as my first Jaguar was. But I've grown more patient in my years, and live more for the challenge than I did in my youth. Working in the automotive service field for many years has certainly helped, but also realizing the lack of support by the company is not the fault of the vehicle. After all it was designed by man and therefore the designer/support staff need to be there for it's shortcomings. Funny how people walk away from responsibilities! Even more interesting though, is how devoted owners can band together to assist with what we are left to deal with when others don't give a damn. There are those here that advise on upgrades with a host of links and instructions. There are many willing to give advise from their own experience on finding out the hard way. There are some that have no clue, but willing to lend a crutch for support. To all I say, thanks and keep on helping, we all need to support what we love and admire.

·
Registered
Cadillac
712 Posts
This is true. I used this site for info and help. But the need for help finally overtook the constant issues with the car and traded it in. I actually ran into the car sitting in a driveway, near a worksite I was at.. The owner had a lot of Caddy estimates on the back seat! Never talked to him!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts