Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so im a poser... stop whining like a little girl about people having the same bumper covers as your V.

Painted it in my driveway with a tiny gun... Got a few runs which i will sand off and buff. Ive got 4 coats of clear on it. I did have to catch the bugs and pull them off with a needle.

Used this gun, my brother in law has my good devilbliss.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46719

Thats right im a god!

Nason Clear and Valspar paint. I primered with Nason and scuffed.

doing my clear turns and slapping it on today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 STS N* lowered with D3 springs on 20's staggered
140 Posts
nice paint work....so the stud placement is the same as the V's? i wanna do the same for my CTS

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
Yeah so im a poser... stop whining like a little girl about people having the same bumper covers as your V.

Painted it in my driveway with a tiny gun... Got a few runs which i will sand off and buff. Ive got 4 coats of clear on it. I did have to catch the bugs and pull them off with a needle.

Used this gun, my brother in law has my good devilbliss.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46719

Thats right im a god!

Nason Clear and Valspar paint. I primered with Nason and scuffed.

doing my clear turns and slapping it on today.

having V bumpers does not make u a poser its the BAGES:thepan:

Paint looks good from that pic, what are you doing with the stock grill??:bouncy:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Veeeee poser!

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I was thinking about leaving it black... not sure.
I can color match the grill whenever... I kinda like the black, kinda gives it a mean look. I also had some black side turn signals so I threw those on.

Yeah it was just painted yesterday so I cant wet sand buff yet. I went heavy on the clear just for this which caused a little orangishness :) I was kinda worried about my fingers putting it on but so far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
I join you in regards to being a Poser! I was so obsessed with becoming a V poser, that i purchased the V bumper and fogs before i even bought my CTS.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
I was thinking about leaving it black... not sure.
I can color match the grill whenever... I kinda like the black, kinda gives it a mean look. I also had some black side turn signals so I threw those on.

Yeah it was just painted yesterday so I cant wet sand buff yet. I went heavy on the clear just for this which caused a little orangishness :) I was kinda worried about my fingers putting it on but so far so good.
i think that grill would look good black if you did this black too.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I really think you should do something about that black. Or make something else black to match it.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Aside from you sounding like a douche in your first post, the bumper looks pretty nice. I like Tommy C's p-chop job and think it'd look killer. Either that or standard V series grills but powder coated black.

Nice job btw!

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
mikes2nd......maybe even tint your heads and fogs.....
i would try ur car but ur lights are on...this still look good imo

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah I like the black lip trim... hmmm flat looks good though.

I can gloss that hood lip pretty easy.

And I guess I might as well tint the headlights if im gonna leave it black. I almost wish I would have flat blacked that sport grill.

I think if I do this I better put some black on the v rear bumper slots...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts