Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK gang, It's maybe time to start considering a new car.....Any suggestions? Must be a Cadillac! Not an Escalade!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
An Eldorado? Or perhaps a Lincoln Mark VII?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
If your talking New, DTS or SRX. As I recall you dont like the new styling theme, so I would say DTS for you. Plus there are some crazy rebates out there on Devilles, a Mailer I got from Cad recently gave me a total of 6k off a Deville or Escalade. If you dont mind a lame duck body style, there are probably some good deals out there on Seville's as well. They havent been making STS's for a few months, so they may be getting harder to find, but the SLS looks just like a STS now, the main difference being the engine. If you pass on the rebates and go for 2004 model, you'll get ventilated seats on the DTS

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elvis said:
KC may be a candidate for membership in FOSS. (RWD, of course...)
Sorry, I never wanted to be in the yacht club.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Yes, do you mean brand new or just a new (different) car? Personally, I think a good 01 or 02 ETC or STS would be good for you. If you're thinking about BRAND new - than the new DeVille is cool - or the SLS..

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
kcnewell said:
??????????????????
My bad KC. I meant the Lincoln Mark VIII (8).

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
He was questioning why you would suggest a Lincoln since he said it must be a Cadillac. :halo:
Damn!!! Them brainfarts of Wes are getting contagious!!!! It was 4 in the AM and I still didn't go to sleep. In that case I say the Eldorado is a good car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mad'lac said:
My bad KC. I meant the Lincoln Mark VIII (8).
I want a good car ( Cadillac ) Not some rehashed FURD.... :histeric:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Sal has a good idea...Maybe an '01 or '02 STS or possibly a DTS...I'm thinkin'

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Thanks.. The problem I have with the DTS is its size. The interior seems just like the STS. If it were bigger, I'd like it better than the STS for THAT reason. But it's not. SO - I prefer the looks of the STS otherwise...

·
Registered
433 Posts
kcnewell said:
I think Sal has a good idea...Maybe an '01 or '02 STS or possibly a DTS...I'm thinkin'

You could score a pretty nice 98/99 STS with fairly low miles for a very reasonable price...

You never did say exactly what you were looking for though? New? Used? What?

All we know is that you don't want a real car. :D

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
kcnewell said:
What am I invisible? Did I not just say STS or DTS. Anyway, the DTS has I belive 5" more rear leg room than the STS, so if rear comfort matters then thats the better choice. Otherwise, I'd agree go with the STS having better styling, but not by much, the DTS is sharp. Either way you're gettin a great car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
toomanytoyz said:
You could score a pretty nice 98/99 STS with fairly low miles for a very reasonable price...
All we know is that you don't want a real car. :D
No....I want a real "Nice" car!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Id say go for the ETC..... I love the syling, and they look more american, where as the new STSs have more of the european look......

An STS or DTS would be acceptable, IMO....... :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
15 Participants
Ralph