Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lot of info on these threads but I have a radio problem. When I use the steering wheel controls to change the radio station it changes to a non-preset station or doesn't change at all. The steering wheel control switch was replaced but the problem remains.:confused:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you might want to make sure the steering wheel controls are SET to control the radio. go into your options on the DIC and verify what eat key is set for. how to do this should also be in your owners manual. i have 2 buttons to control radio, the other turns on and off traction control, and the last on it a seek button (between presets). sometimes you can set them to wacky stuff...

----edit---

make sure you're using the same key each time, once you have your presets dialed into your key (1 or 2), i would go into the DIC and make sure they are set for local presets (and your radio is on local presets). it all should be in the owners manual...try poking around with it a bit and let us know...

·
Registered
2004 CTS
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have # 2 button to radio preset up & # 4 to radio preset down. The dealer replaced the buttons but they don't understand why it happens. Dealer said it might be a glitch with the stations I have preset. It only happens on FM.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
a glitch? sounds like an excuse. does it happen on both FM's? i'd try FM1 and FM2. if that doesn't work, i'd try setting the #1 and #3 buttons for the presets and see if they do the same thing. maybe you can isolate this problem.

·
Registered
2004 CTS
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it on 1 & 3. No change. All the buttons on the radio work fine it's the wheel controls. Should I have them replace the radio?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
seems bizarre that it's the radio, but stranger things have been known to happen. try setting your presets to the foreign option, not local...and try cycling through them.

when i say foreign, i mean the presets they allot you if you are in another area other than your "local" area. i believe they give you 2 FM's and an AM. i don't know if they call it foreign, but i know it's not local. maybe i'll look at the manual tomorrow...

·
Registered
2004 CTS
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll also double check the manual. I'll try changing the stations around & check if the home/away seting does the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts