Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on here. I have a 93 Fleetwood and I've only had it since November. I need to put new wiper blades on badly. I feel dumb for asking this but how do I change the side post blades? I've replaced transfer cases and transmissions on jeeps but cant change the wiper blades on my cadillac! Everything I look up online says it shouldn't have the side post wiper arms

thanks!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,735 Posts
It does indeed have the side post blades, and they are easy to change. You press/pry on the middle to release the post, then pull the blade off the post. Slide the new one on the post, then close the clamp. There are a few different styles, but a close look will let you know what you need to do.

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see anything to pry on to be able to pull them off. I've never seen side post blades like this before. And of course I can't upload a picture of it because I can't get the resolution low enough to be able to meet the criteria to post

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,735 Posts
The middle pic is the key, but would be better if it were zoomed back a bit. Flat screwdriver, press through that hole on the right side, down on the tab, it will lower the spring and release the stud, pull the wiper off. That's my guess. Don't break the windshield.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
these are factory gm blades. as jay said release the spring clip and pull it off

The factory blades on my 94 didn't look like that but same idea, pry on the spring with a screwdriver to release it.
Some of the newer style have plastic clips that snap over the post. They are usually easier to remove and if they get stuck on it's easier to break the clip. Those older ones can be a PITA when they get rusted and seized.

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try that tomorrow morning...and if all else fails I'll go to my old Jeep way of fixing things...either way it'll come off haha

Thanks!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Just be careful or you can end up breaking the windshield or the pin out of the wiper arm.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille
1,152 Posts
seems they may just be rusted and need a little persuasion but with that style wiper you grab each end and pull back so the the opening in the center picture touch each other then work it off...like i said it looks like rust may hold it on so just work it a little bit

id stick a flathead screwdriver between the arm and wiper when i pull the arm and twist the flathead to pop it off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts