Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUT I'm still in Al Asad Iraq. This shit is getting old. I hope to get home soon

Later Guys

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I can understand the feelings about being there. Regardless, the whole country realizes the tough spot our government's politics has put you and your fellow soldiers in and we support you 100%!
Good-luck, keep your head down, and God's speed.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Katshot said:
Regardless, the whole country realizes the tough spot our government's politics has put you and your fellow soldiers in and we support you 100%!
Yeah, the whole country would rather have the terrorists crossing into the USA from Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere instead of them going into Iraq. But the politics is getting in the way from letting this happen. We hope to have some new Al Queda members arrive here soon though from Canada. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Glad to see you again, deadsled..... We've missed you around here!!!

·
Banned
701 Posts
Good to hear your safe. Keep your eyes and ears open, and your head down. Post your address there and we'll see if we can get a Cadillac Care Pagkage to you.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
"Good to hear your safe. Keep your eyes and ears open, and your head down. Post your address there and we'll see if we can get a Cadillac Care Pagkage to you."

OUTSTANDING IDEA !!!!!!! i always looked forward to care packages when i was in the gulf

take care dude , your family here and your real life family hopes to see you home soon , unforetunaly tho we have heard the tour there is a year long . keep up a good job done thus far and keep a open ear and a keen eye out ...good luck brutha

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Yeah, the whole country would rather have the terrorists crossing into the USA from Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere instead of them going into Iraq. But the politics is getting in the way from letting this happen. We hope to have some new Al Queda members arrive here soon though from Canada. :rolleyes:
And that's the reason it is embarrassing being a Canadian right now! (for me anyway) Immediately after 911, our fearless leader promised to get tough at the border, he did for a little while, then not. In times like this, border checks MUST discriminate to protect its citizens, despite how politically incorrect it is. Also keep in mind, the terrorist cells have probably been in North America for quite a while, and when they strike, my guess is that it will be coordinated. To my fellow Canadians who may read this, PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR THE SUCKIE LIBERAL PARTY! YOU ARE DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY AND RUINING OUR WORLD-WIDE REPUTATION. It is time to get back to basics and throw out the fear of insulting or discriminating someone by singleing them out at an airport lineup! I've discussed some of the applicable technology that might actually eliminate potential terrorists from entering our borders, and I think the politicians had better start getting serious.

Considering that the United States has a friendly neighbour to the north, a friendly neighbour to the south, and divided either way by two major oceans, there is really little chance of any physical invasion. IMO. The only way our economies will suffer, or fall, will be from within!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Ralph said:
And that's the reason it is embarrassing being a Canadian right now! (for me anyway)
Ralph, you don't need to be embarrased about being Canadian. My comment wasn't directed at Canada, but the liberal partisans.

Mexicos border is much worse, but neither side on the partisans will touch the issue because the 'Mexican' vote is so very important to winning a majority. And thats the most important thing to them, winning.

I'm really tired of the partisans who are so blinded by the need to win, or worse, by pure hatred, that they can't see the obvious in front of their face.

The right is no less blinded by hate. There was a good op-ed in the New York Post yesterday. If the right wasn't so hateful of Bill Clinton, then questions would have been asked about who it was we targeted with cruise missles in Afghnistan and Sudan. But instead, they said he was 'wagging the dog' and went back to the sex-gate. If they had been serious about protecting us, rather than winning an elcetion, we could have begun the war on Bin Laden years ago. Yes Bill Clinton failed us too, but someone should have rose above it all and become a leader of a nation, not the leader of the party.

Now the left is blinded by their hatred of George Bush. So some liberal partisan wonk thinks he will win the elcetion running against the war. Then what? Will he pull us out of Iraq? Is that going to leave Iraq secure and free? Is that going to gain the respect of the Muslim nations? Is that going to secure our nation against future terrost acts? Personally, I like the idea of using Iraq as a gathering place for all the 'Jihad Fighters' to gather once and for all. Let's put more troops in there, spend more money and end this stupid Allah will guide us conflict one and for all. When Allah looses, and they have spent their funds and lost all their Jihadist, then we can come home secure in knowing that we won the war on terror.

What people don't understand yet, is this is WWIII. Just like WWII, the French surrendered right away. It's not a diversion, it's a battle. We either finish it now, or it gets heavier and closer to home. These people are evil and just as full of hate towards us as the partisans towards each other.

So far, no one is asking tough questions. They just want to prove Bush wrong on WMD. So much so, the opposition partisan press failed to report the full findings of the search for WMD. While their were no weapons, their were active attempts to develop them. Just as every leader, left and right said long before the war.

This is why the USA is becoming a nation of independant voters. Most of us are tired of the lies from both the left and the right and we demand leadership, not partisan tit for tat. It's much to serious of a world to be playing high school games. If you want to play team sports, join a football team. We need ideas and leadership.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I agree with MOST of that. I too believe that the 2-party system must go. It has out-lived it's usefulness and has become more of a detriment than anything. We spend the majority of our time and tax payers money fighting amongst ourselves rather than addressing the REAL problems.
Unfortunately, this is the same attitude that has been killing American busnesses for years. The money and time being spent by corporate executives to maintain their own self-centered agendas is so very counter-productive that it will in the end be what destroys them.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
What people don't understand yet, is this is WWIII. Just like WWII, the French surrendered right away.

Man, that's good!

I agree with Kevin, too. But the problem isn't necessarily the two-party system as much as it is WHO OWNS the two parties. Way too much special interest representation and pandering.

In a world where nothing is really black and white, but instead several shades of gray, we're presented with only two options to address these problems.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
We have 5 political parties in Canada, and it splits up the voting too much. 2 of the parties are right-wing, and 2 are left. What the hell is the point of having more parties!? What angers me is the fact that half of the seats in parlament are Liberal!! So what chance do we ever have of getting rid of the suckholes in Ottawa who are too lax on security?! If a few of the parties could see eye to eye and combine forces, to go against the Libs, there may be a chance. But enough of Canadian politics, you Yanks don't care about this. ;)

I agree that this can be called WW3, but the thing is it is not a conventional war by any means. No one can touch U.S. power and technology for warfare by any means. The problem with the so-called terrorists is that they are not a target on a blip that can readily and easily be destroyed. They are among us and that is what is upsetting! Even if we beef up the border patrols, there are still too many areas they can go between and sneak in. Did I hear correctly that the U.S./Canada border is the longest border between any 2 countries?? If so, there isn't much that can really be done. IMO.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Elvis said:
But the problem isn't necessarily the two-party system as much as it is WHO OWNS the two parties. Way too much special interest representation and pandering.
Exactly. That and the 'your special interest sucks' attitude. Oh, and those 'mean people will kill your grand parents and make your children suffer for eternity' ads need to stop.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Ralph said:
The problem with the so-called terrorists is that they are not a target on a blip that can readily and easily be destroyed.
Which is why we need to occupy Iraq until the enemy is completely defeated in there own land. Let them come from all over the world to Iraq so they can commit Jihad against the US.

The people of Iraq will get tired of power stations and pumping stations that the US rebuilds, being destroyed by the supposed followers of Allah. When they see that we are there to rebuild, and the Jihadist are there to destroy, that will turn Muslim opinion against these people. Then the 'Arab street' we heard so much about (that has remained silent), will start turning in the phycopath next door who thinks its better to build bombs instead of economies.

We are still occupying Japan and Germany. I think the American left (and the worlds left) needs to be a little more patient. This isn't a freakin' Play Station game. It's a big campaign in a much larger war. People need to wake up to reality, this war was declared on us in 1993. We tried to ignore it or fight it superficially, but it continued to escalate. So now we need to finish it once and for all, world opinion be damned.

But re-election looms and hatred runs high, so truth and logic dissappear, if indeed it was ever present in politics.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Canada also has troops in Germany, don't know about the Japs. I don't think that is a priority or even necessary, do you? BTW I think it was Toronto or somewhere, but definetely Ontario (where there a lot of nucleur power plants) they caught these Muslims taking "3 am tours" of the plant! Obviously they were up to no good, and at least they were caught. I still say there should be no-fly zones around any/all nucleur power plants. I think they will target anywhere where security is lax, and weak.

I remember my mom saying 25 years ago when the threat to the United States was from Russia. She said that if the Russians were to invade the U.S. they would first go through Canada and south from there. So what would happen is that the U.S. troops would come up to Canada to fight the Russians because the U.S. would not want them to go that far south! So WE would be smack in the middle of a war in Canada! How ironic that some decades later, we have invaders on our soil NOW, and everyone seems to think nothing may happen. Perhaps people are wiser now with their realizations.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Ralph said:
Canada also has troops in Germany, don't know about the Japs. I don't think that is a priority or even necessary, do you?
No we should pull all of our troops from the EU, except maybe England. The redeploy them to eastern europe. The A.) Appreciate us and B.) Coule use the funds that the US military presence provides.

My point was, you can't expect us to pull out of a Iraq just after 90 days. Anyone who calls for that, is smoking crack.

And Gallup released a poll today, that shows 68% of the Iraqi's want us to stay.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/10/13/national0129EDT0417.DTL&type=printable

So only the worlds liberal community wants us to pull out. I wonder why?

Oh, and China now supports the EU as a rival US superpower.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/10/14/weu14.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/10/14/ixworld.html

So exactly why are we supposed to care what they think of us? They have their own agenda and they are not looking out for the US, Canada or anyone else but themselves.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you asked

heres my address

Ryan Steinberg
3rd ACR, 2133 TC 1st PLT
Unit # 91544
APO-AE 09320-1544

Thanks very much for your support I can't wait till I get home1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts