Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1408 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My NEW Eldorado ,I really mean new . 2800 original miles was kept in storage in Hawaii until owner died. Daughter had it shipped to Florida . Was Leary but so far great. I am 75 and been taken quite a few times.I have been over under every where. Alway wanted Eldorado better late than later .lady did replace tires and battery at Costco in hawalli

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am Andrey from mid Europe. Until the end of this year I will buy this beautiful Seville STS "00 from my friend. STS has only 130K kilometers, the body is in good condition, because the car was never used in winter. Sold as a new in Jean Charles Garage in Paris, serviced in Cadillac Wiena. The computer reports no error codes, engine does not have any coolant or oil leaks, transmission rides smooth. Creamy leather interior is in good condition, all electrical device works great. Only CD changer is missing, because was send to repair, and than was lost. Last month I saw a lot of caddys owners discusion about Northstar, and I think that if the car had regular service as recommended by manufacturer, could work fine a long time. I hope, that mine STS will :)

Attachments

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,321 Posts

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,321 Posts
Re: I'm showing you my Eldo, now you show us yours (Sevilles too!) :)

andy4, Please do not use the "Report post" icon ! unless you need Administrator action on a post. Use the "Reply" tab at the lower right of a post. To ask a question in your applicable forums, use the Start New Thread.

PM sent.

Thanks for the interest in CF.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Howdy folks,
been hanging around here for a while,
Ben a Caddy owner over the years,
Now I'm one again.

Just picked this up this week.
Drove 1000 miles round trip to get this one,
Drove it home , 500 miles.
I had to stop many times just to get out and let my butt laugh...WOW what a ride.
Got 22.3 MPG, and never got tired.
1990 Eldorado, 20,300 miles on it...same as new car inside and out.
18106060379.jpg
18106061342.jpg
18106061179.jpg
18106061261.jpg
18106060642.jpg
18106060471.jpg
18106062926.jpg

Jim

·
Registered
499 Posts
@Phideaux. Nice pickup with so few miles on it. I’m guessing you found it online? I used to have a 88’ Eldorado many years ago.. What’s that orange light on the information center? Is it the “gear select problem” light? I remember that light came on my car the very 1st day I drove it home. Lol. I never fixed it and it never seemed to cause any problems for the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ELDORADO2K, Thanks.

That yellow light in the pic is a message that lets you know that you have manually turned on the parking lights,head lights , etc,
It says to see "Message Center" .
Message center is below radio and climate controls, that says "parking lights on".:)

The only problem I found on this car is that the antenna does not work up and down.

Every button and function on the car works as it should.

The body, paint, wheels , Michelin tires , I would rate at 99.5%.
Landau roof needs a good cleaning

I'm very happy.
Yes, I found it online at a Caddy dealer in north OHIO, talked with dealer for 3 days ,was satisfied that the car car was same as new...drove up (500 miles) with wife, drove it home.

Wishing it was warmer so I can play with it in the garage.
Like pull the antenna assy out.:)

Jim

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here’s some pictures of the Cadillacs I’ve owned throughout the years.

82’ Biarritz

88’ Eldorado

92’ Touring Coupe

92’ Eldorado

97’ Seville SLS, which I currently own.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice Caddy's.

I have only owned 2 , other than the 90 Eldorado that I just bought,
I owned a 1975 Sedan Deville, and a 98 SLS..., loved them both.

Wish I had some pics of them.

Jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, super clean. How did you hear about it and what did you have to give for it?

I assume , your asking me.

It is super clean, 20K mles, it has a story behind it , with me being the second owner.

I drove 500 miles to get it and paid $7100.00.
I don't know if thats a good deal or too much, but I don't care , as it is a car I been wanting and looking for , for years.
I am happy with it.

Gotta replace the antenna ....thats it.

Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the info. I believe you good a solid deal considering you bought a car that is in mint condition. Especially if you are looking to own the car for a lengthy period of time. You give me the impression that you are willing to pay a good price for QUALITY which you clearly achieved. The low mileage is amazing. You also scored the continental kit (?), meaning the exposed rear spare. That has to be ultra rare in of itself. I own an '88 that had the Pacific ground effects kit installed so I understand rare options. Once again, great job. Ren

PS: I enjoyed you pictorial journey through time as marked by the photos of the cars that you have owned. The '92 Touring looked really nice. I have a bunch of photos of most of the cars I have owned and you are inspiring me to have them scanned so I can have a digital library.

·
Registered
499 Posts
PS: I enjoyed you pictorial journey through time as marked by the photos of the cars that you have owned. The '92 Touring looked really nice. I have a bunch of photos of most of the cars I have owned and you are inspiring me to have them scanned so I can have a digital library.
Thanks. Omg that car was absolutely mint when I bought it. It only had 63,000 miles and the 1st owner was a little old lady. I bought it from an independent Cadillac dealer here in Southern California. Absolute creampuff of a car.

I owned it for about 7yrs. and kept it immaculate at all times. I messed up and crashed the front end of it 1 day... I bought the other 92’ Eldorado [the blue car] for $1,000 dollars to fix the white Eldo...

I drove the blue Eldo for 6 months while I gathered up the money it was going to take for the repairs & top quality paint job. 6 months and the tranny finally gave out on the blue Eldo, perfect timing as I had enough money to take care of the expensive cost the body shop was going to charge me.

The white Eldo returned to its immaculate glory :)

...In the end I sucked at maintaining it mechanically and eventually had to junk the car after it sat for 9 months :(
Man I regret how that ended... I really wish I could have the 82’ Biarritz right now too. It’s extremely hard to find 1 in the condition that car was in. I had that car Clean!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine had 94k when I bought it. Paid 300 bucks for it because the kid bought it with a bad starter. He was scared to remove the intake to get to it. I fixed it in his driveway and took off. My Eldorado runs perfect. I'm very happy with it.

1361 - 1380 of 1408 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
525 Participants
JoshR