1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Hello, I'm semi-handy and I can do some minor repair work. I just go this car and it has a lot of road rash, and chips from the paint.... is this something I can fix myself? Can anyone post a tutorial?

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,338 Posts
That 3rd pic shows red under red which makes me say somebody has already painted it once, and most likely not properly since that paint is peeling off. You could consider removing the bumper and properly sanding, priming, and painting it yourself. Some local paint supply shops will mix the proper color match and load it in a spray bomb. Surprisingly, those can work well, but you're dealing with flexible paint, so no matter what, it's gonna cost extra for the flex additives to be done right. Even the clear on the bumper cost more for the right formulation. Or you could try just touching up the parts you feel need the attention. Either way, just be aware, proper prep is 90% of the work.

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
I think most shops will repaint a bumper for less than $200. I know when I was selling my SRX one dealer worked up a bid and it mentioned "painting front bumper" as work needed before they could sell it. I mentioned that I had a clear bra on the front and they wouldn't have to paint the bumper and he said it really didn't make a difference and that they usually put that on the estimates. He said it costs "$100-$150 bucks" to paint so it wouldn't affect the price.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
Depending on the age of your car, or how long you will keep the car, you can get a touch up paint from a GM dealer and touch it up and see how it holds up and then maybe consider getting the whole bumper repainted later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts