Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accident was June 9th.
Body shop has had car since June 13th.
I was supposed to get it back last week but there was supposedly some type of the delay in getting the engine harness (whatever that is). The guy tells me the part should be in tues or wed.
I call today, he says it'll be iin tommorrow at 2.
When the fk am i getting my car back!!
This is completely unacceptable.........
THose of you unfortunate enough to have been in an accident, what was the waiting time and total $$$ damage to your car???? Im curious.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
dude ... calm calm calm ...

first, the engine harness is the bundle of wires that connects the engine to the rest of everything.... not a small item and sometimes quite hard to get depending on the vehicle and how well stocked the item is. something like a wiring harness rarely goes bad so its not a high stock item.

second... be glad the shop is taking the time to do the thing right, i had an accident YEARS ago and the stupid body shop charged me for a bunch of stuff they didnt do, at first i was all excited they got it done quick then i started finding things i wasnt happy with, put the car BACK in the shop and it took them 2 months to fix it . FYI i was T-boned in my F150 lightning to the tune of about 12k in damage...

if its being fixed under insurance things tend to take a little longer because the adjuster will look at it and have to OK every little thing before he'll cut the body shop a check if its in network...

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
lol you got it easy dude, although my accident was pretty damn bad, ive waited 3 months....he finally took the car out for a test drive today, thankfully it went ok. car is in paint tomorrow, friday or monday hes taking for a highway run and tuesday i should get the darn thing back. my total damages are in the 25K region.........

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
I understand your pain man...When I was working on my other car upgrading the engine and bigger turbo it took 5 months

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol you got it easy dude, although my accident was pretty damn bad, ive waited 3 months....he finally took the car out for a test drive today, thankfully it went ok. car is in paint tomorrow, friday or monday hes taking for a highway run and tuesday i should get the darn thing back. my total damages are in the 25K region.........
Wow 25k! Shouldnt that car have been salvaged?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
With the body shop that does my work, nothing is started until ALL the parts are in hand. There are no half done projects waiting for parts sitting around taking up room. That's the way professionals do business. The place is as neat as a pin. When you see a body shop full of dead ducks and it looks like a bomb went off inside you need to move on.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
Sorry to the bodymen out there, but EVERY body shop I have been to and heard about are full of LAZY BUMS. They cry when they are slow and drag ASS when they get a job to do. Also, they can never correctly price out a job. I know what an estimate means, but when they try to double or even triple the price once the job is done, that's bull. They think they should be paid for storage as well :rant2:.......

I hate lazy people:kick:

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
i'm with Igot, delays are usually due to the insurance company.

I had a dent in my roof and door frames (from a ladder dropped on the car) and they had my car over two weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts