Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i own a 2.8L CTS and ive been looking for anything to try and give the engine a little more power yes i know if i wanted more power you should ahve gotten a 3.6L but their were curcumstances that i couldent so before o totally flip out please tell me theres something out i havent found or that sometihng is in development any help appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Franchise2005 said:
okay so i own a 2.8L CTS and ive been looking for anything to try and give the engine a little more power yes i know if i wanted more power you should ahve gotten a 3.6L but their were curcumstances that i couldent so before o totally flip out please tell me theres something out i havent found or that sometihng is in development any help appreciated thanks.
TonyA intake $50. 3.6 Dual exhaust used about $100 installed.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Franchise2005 said:
The engines are very similar in design, just different in displacement, anything you can do on the 3.6 you can probably do on the 2.8

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one more question do you tihnk itll be hard to try and convert a turbocharger from a saab 9-3 2.8 to a cadillac 2.8 i cant imagtine there will be much of a difference but if anyone knows if i have to change anything with the engine maybe beef up the internals a lil let me know because im really interested in doing this and i dont think anyone have done it before? and if soemone has i would like to know how it went and how you went abotu doing it thanks.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Franchise2005 said:
one more question do you tihnk itll be hard to try and convert a turbocharger from a saab 9-3 2.8 to a cadillac 2.8 i cant imagtine there will be much of a difference but if anyone knows if i have to change anything with the engine maybe beef up the internals a lil let me know because im really interested in doing this and i dont think anyone have done it before? and if soemone has i would like to know how it went and how you went abotu doing it thanks.
The 2.8 in the new 9-3 definatly has more robust internal components however a turbocharger at lower boost might be fine for the CTS' N/A 2.8, wouldn't make as much horsepower though.

I'd say you should just save your money... the money you would go and spend on engine upgrades, turbochargers and internals, could go towards the down payment on a new CTS, or another car...

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Franchise2005 said:
Probably be tough to find a Saab turbo with all the hardware..new would be out of sight and then your ECM won't like what you're doing. I'd suggest moving past that idea.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just trade it for a GTO.........400hp - 400lbs of torqe. Can't get that out of a ricer style engine, no way, no how.

JET

·
Registered
105 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Just trade it for a GTO.........400hp - 400lbs of torqe. Can't get that out of a ricer style engine, no way, no how.

JET
We need a broken record emoticon on this site. LOL

Oh by the way I know people with "ricer style 4cyl engines" making over 700 WHP. In fact one of my friends by the name of Chris has a daily driven "ricer" 4cyl that runs 9 second 1/4 mile times. Not bad. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
~~~ oyle here again ~~ To the man needin more "oomph" Save your $$ go for the GTO . I traded in my 05 CTS 3.6 for the goat , "Man Im loven it" ~~~ BTW Im 65 Im going to get my senses back next year and try and act my age , maybe a DTS

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
oyle said:
~~~ oyle here again ~~ To the man needin more "oomph" Save your $$ go for the GTO . I traded in my 05 CTS 3.6 for the goat , "Man Im loven it" ~~~ BTW Im 65 Im going to get my senses back next year and try and act my age , maybe a DTS
Thats pretty funny. Whats even more funny is that you own an 84 VW Rabbit. It's hard to believe that anyone who still owns a Rabbit, let alone an 84. It's also hard to believe that anyone who owns a Rabbit has a Caddy or a Goat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
oyle here ~~ Now I feel bad ~ "sniff~sniff" -- I keep the CAR in the garage when its wet & drive the rabbit. My CTS never felt a rain drop the 9mo. I had it ~ Sooo the poor bunny is still left out since now the GTO is in. Felt sorry for the rabbit ( faded paint ect.) so I put a $ 400 paint job on it , dont look to bad . One thing I have to say ~~ when I drive the rabbit every Cowboy in town wants to race me , they come out of cracks in the asphalt to go around me. Ahha not so when the Goat is out , Suddenly Im all alone. Nice talking to everyone ~ Have a great day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
oyle