Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have been having a transmission fluid pressure issue that gives a (on-board) diagnostic code of P1810. I changed the "Trans Pressure Switch", the "Park/Neutral safety switch", removed the "Return Cooler Line (lower trans line)" and cleaned the "Adapter", then re-applied the original applications. I also changed the "Exterior (in the pan) Filters", and leveled off the fluid. Further investigation lead me to the understanding that the "4T80E" transmission has a "Duel Internal Fluid Pumps, and an EPC Solenoid" that could be (either) the problem. They are located inside the "Side Cover" of the transmission, on the Driver's Side" of the vehicle. The proper drivetrain tilt is the best way for the DIY mechanic..... But totally doable. I'm going to do mine.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,638 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!! Your first post has been moved from the later Sigma-body "STS" forum to the real Seville forum - you have a Seville Touring Sedan, not the later "STS" that is not an acronym - it's the whole model name.

Please update your profile so that your login banner - username banner - looks like those of other members. It sure helps with advice and diagnosis.

Please bookmark this link and use it to define and post trouble code definitions - no one has memorized all 4,000 or so codes yet...........

https://obdii.pro/en/model/gm

Your code indicates a probable wiring or connector problem, not the actual TFP switch itself. 4T80E fluid level is checked ith the engine hot, idling in P on a level surface. It's a dry sump transmission so there should be no fluid on the dipstick with the engine off for 5 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts